This section covers all required tasks for upgrading Approvals to the latest version from the previous two releases.
If you have not installed Approvals, contact Conga Support to request an installation link; then perform the standard installation described in Installing Conga Approvals.
Preparing for Upgrade
- You have reviewed Approvals Features by Release to learn about the new features, enhancements, and deprecated features in Approvals since your installed release. After upgrading to February '23, you cannot roll back to a previous release.
- You have reviewed and conform to latest System Requirements and Supported Platforms Matrix.
- You have access to the Install Center on the Conga Community Portal for Approvals managed and dependent packages.
- You have administrator privileges to your Salesforce org.
You don't have to back up your configurations. All configurations you performed since you installed your existing release will remain intact after the upgrade.
Upgrading to Approvals October '23
Salesforce has deprecated Workflow Rules in favor of Salesforce Flow. Conga has updated its products to accommodate this deprecation, but you must manually deactivate the following workflow rules before installing the October '23 Conga Approvals package:
- Approval Request Comments Modified
- Send Reassignment Notification
These workflow rules are replaced by Salesforce Flow rules of the same names. These flows are automatically installed on an installation or upgrade and default to active status.
Go to Setup > Installed Packages and check that the following packages are installed in your Salesforce org.
Order Product Required for
Conga Approvals Center
Conga CPQ Approvals
Conga Base Library
Conga Contract Lifecycle Management
Conga Quote Management
Conga Configuration & Pricing
Conga Quote Configuration Integration
CPQ and Proposal management
Conga CLM Configuration Integration
Conga Quote Approvals
Conga Custom Approvals Management
Conga Objects or other Salesforce standard/custom objects
- For each of the above packages and dependencies, check the October '23 Release Notes for the minimum required package version to support the upgrade. Install the latest linked version of each package in order.
- Upgrade, using the installation procedure in Installing Conga Approvals.
- Perform the post-upgrade tasks.
Make sure that:
- All custom settings are correct as described in Approval System Properties and Approvals Custom Config Settings.
- All upgrade scenarios work as in the previous release.
Callbacks: Callback class has not changed.
Metadata changes: All picklist type fields are validated.
Layout changes: Layout changes are validated.
RemoteAPIcalls: All API calls are functional.
All approval process data works, including submit, approve, and reject flows.
The upgrade procedure above has been tested against a basic setup, not custom code or triggers.