Download page Configuring Invoice Fee Types.
Configuring Invoice Fee Types
An organization may want to charge one or more additional charges to its customer while generating an invoice for a service. As a finance operations administrator, you can configure a master list of invoice fee types and associate them to an account. When the finance operations user executes the invoice run functionality, Conga Billing generates additional invoice line items for each invoice fee type associated with the account, during invoice generation.
For example, the ABC Corp wants to charge the following additional fees for paper-based invoices to its customers:
- Printing Charges for printing the invoice
- Courier Charges for sending the paper-based invoice through courier
If a customer XYZ wants to receive a paper-based invoice, the finance operations administrator of the ABC Corp must configure two invoice fee types (Printing Charges and Courier Charges) and associate them with the account of XYZ. When the finance operations user of the ABC Corp executes the invoice run functionality, Conga Billing generates two additional invoice line items (one for Printing Charges and one for Courier Charges) during invoice generation.
To configure an invoice fee type
- From All tabs, click Invoice Fee Types.
- Click New. The New Invoice Fee Type page is displayed.
Enter values for the following fields:
Field Description Fee Name Enter a name for the invoice fee type. For example, Courier Charges, Packaging Charges, or Printing Charges. Fee Amount Enter the amount for the invoice fee. You can override this fee amount while associating this invoice fee type with an account. Fee Type
Select the type of the invoice fee. Supported values are:
- Absolute: If you select Absolute, Conga Billing considers the value you entered in the Fee Amount field as the absolute value and generates an additional invoice line item for the same amount. For example, if Fee Amount = 10 and Fee Type = Absolute, Conga Billing generates an additional invoice line item for $10.
- Dynamic: If you select Dynamic, Conga Billing considers the value you entered in the Fee Amount field as the percentage (%) of the total invoice amount and generate an additional invoice line item accordingly. For example, if Fee Amount = 10, Fee Type = Dynamic, and the total invoice amount is $120, Conga Billing generates an additional invoice line item for $12.
Currency Select the currency of the invoice amount. Owner This field is automatically populated based on the user name in the profile. Description Enter a description for the invoice fee type. Is Active Select this checkbox to make this invoice fee type active. The finance operations administrator can associate only the active invoice fee types to an account.
- Click Save.
You must associate the required invoice fee types to an account. Then only Conga Billing generates additional invoice line items for each invoice fee type associated with the account, during invoice generation. For more information, see Account Setup.