Conga Billing functions use several Objects and fields that you must define before you can generate an invoice for your customers.
- Account is a Salesforce object that all Conga applications inherit defined values from. Conga Billing uses values from the Account Relationship and the Invoice, Invoice Statement, Billing and Shipping Address fields defined in the Account object.
- You can define each customer's Billing Preference to suit their requirements and convenience.
- Account Locations are attached to the account so you can associate more than one location to each account. You can use different account locations as shipping address, billing address, and tax invoice address.
- On the Proposals page, you can select products, adjust pricing, adjust billing settings, change bill preference, initiate approvals processes and you can automate the process to activate an order, create a Bill, and create revenue.
- On the Order detail page, if it is not done automatically, you can define when an order is ready for activation and billing.
- You can use the Billing Schedules function to track all billing information related to an asset. With Billing Schedules, you can spread the net amount due, over a period of time that you can define.
- A Usage Schedule is associated to Billing Schedules that are Usage-based. Usage or metering data is loaded to an order and then usage rating associates to a Usage Schedule. You can define usage price tiers that use flat pricing, or tiered pricing.
- With Usage Input, you can rate usage manually or this object is used while creating Salesforce batch jobs to rate usage.
- You can define payment terms and by default, a separate invoice is automatically created for products with different payments. A payment term is a condition or guideline under which you can make or receive a payment.
- After you complete all the procedures listed above, you can perform an Invoice run which is a scheduled invoice generation batch job.
- You can issue Credit Memos - manually or automatically as part of the Invoice runs.
- Integrate with 3rd party tax engines to display correct taxes on the invoice automatically.
- You can use the Related A/R transactions to track, measure, and record incoming payments, credits, debits, and refunds.
- Finally, you can use reports to track and measure your billing assignments and forecast requirements.
As an administrator, it is essential to understand the key concepts driving the system. Let us go to the Billing Concepts to comprehend the system functions.