This section provides information on upgrading Apttus Billing Management to the latest version from the previous release.
If you have not installed Apttus Billing Management, you can contact Apttus Support to request for an installation link, then perform the standard installation as described in Installing Apttus Billing Management.
Preparing for Upgrade
Before you upgrade to Billing Management on Salesforce Summer 2020, you must ensure the following:
- You go through Billing Features by Release to know about the new features, enhancements, and deprecated features in Billing Management since your existing release. After you upgrade Billing Management to Summer 2020, you cannot roll back to any previous release.
- You have the supported platforms and system requirements.
- You have access to the Install Center on the Apttus Community Portal.
- You have administrator privileges to your Salesforce org.
You need not back up your configurations. All configurations you performed since you installed your existing release will remain intact after the upgrade.
Upgrading to Billing Management on Salesforce Summer 2020
This section describes step-by-step instructions to upgrade from Winter 2019 to Summer 2020.
Upgrading Billing Management from Winter 2019 to Summer 2020
Go to Setup > Installed Packages and ensure that your current Salesforce org has the following Winter 2019 packages installed.
(Name | Number)
Apttus Billing Management
5.3.199 | 5.199
Apttus Quote/Proposal-Configuration Integration 11.2.310 | 11.310 Apttus Configuration & Pricing 11.2.1673 | 11.1673 Apttus CPQ API 1.0.0080 | 10.80 Apttus Quote/Proposal-Asset Integration 6.5.0014 | 6.14 Apttus Proposal Management 9.1.0197 | 9.197 Apttus Contract Management 9.1.0397 | 9.397 Apttus Contract-Configuration Integration 11.2.0122 | 11.122 Apttus Quote/Proposal-Contract Integration 7.0.0031 | 7.31
Ensure that you have the following packages and dependent packages to upgrade to Summer 2020. These packages are required to utilize the new features and enhancements of Summer 2020.
(Name | Number)
Apttus Billing Management 6.2.238 | 6.238 Apttus Base Library 1.1.93 | 1.93 Apttus Quote/Proposal-Configuration Integration 12.1.0328 | 12.328 Apttus Configuration & Pricing 12.1.1787 | 12.1787 Apttus CPQ API 1.0.0080 | 10.80 Apttus Quote/Proposal-Asset Integration 6.5.0014 | 6.14 Apttus Proposal Management 10.1.0221 | 10.221 Apttus Contract Management 11.1.0543 | 11.543 Apttus Contract-Configuration Integration 12.1.0132 |12.132 Apttus Quote/Proposal-Contract Integration 9.1.0062 | 9.62
- Perform the upgrade. The upgrade procedure is the same as the installation procedure. For detailed information on installing Billing Management managed packages, see Installing the Apttus Billing Management Packages.
- After the upgrade is complete, perform the Post-Installation Configurations.
After you upgrade Apttus Billing Management to Summer 2020 release, ensure that you enter the value of Invoice Generation Batch Size in Billing System Properties to a large number. Apttus recommends setting it to 999. In the Summer 2020 release, Invoice Generation Batch Size refers to the billing schedules to process them in one batch. Prior to Summer 2020 release, Invoice Generation Batch Size referred to the number of accounts to process in one batch. If you set the value of the batch size to a small number, it will take a significant amount of time to process all the billing schedules.
Also, ensure that you place validations in your current callback class to make sure that all the billing schedules are generated before you process them for invoice generation or tax calculation.