About This Guide
With the Billing Management User Guide, you can find out how Apttus Billing Management works and how to manage your organization's and your customers' billing and invoicing requirements.
|What's Covered||This guide walks the Billing Operation Manager through a set-up of the entire billing process. It covers information, step-by-step instructions, and use cases for the features provided by Apttus Billing Management.|
|Primary Audience||Billing Operation Manager, Finance User|
|IT Environment||Refer to the latest Billing Management on Salesforce Release Notes for information on System Requirements and Supported Platforms.|
|Updates||For a comprehensive list of updates to this guide for each release, refer to the What's New topic.|
This guide describes the following tasks:
- To oversee and streamline your billing and collections processes.
- To manage the billing for different types of assets including one time, usage, or recurring.
- To adjust billing for an asset-based order.
- To issue billing adjustments, track and approve invoices.
- To view and understand billing schedules, usage schedules, and billing preferences.
- To adjust and customize invoice presentation.
- To coordinate and resolve sales tax issues.
- To approve tax credit requests from customers.
- To create custom billing plans and milestone billing plans.
Before using Billing Management, you must be familiar with the following:
Basic Salesforce administration
Apttus CPQ and Apttus CLM administration
- Salesforce and Apttus terms and definitions