After the Billing Schedules are generated for assets, the next step is to generate invoices for accounts that contain information on the usage, applicable charges, and payment due date. You can send invoices in advance or after the services in addition to the generation frequency such as daily, weekly or monthly as required. An invoice is a legal document that is issued by the seller to the buyer.
Before you can generate an invoice using Apttus Billing Management, you must define all the information you want to include in the invoice.
With Apttus Billing Management you can create, deliver, and manage invoices that are precise and scalable.
Different organizations follow an invoice pattern aligned to their business requirements. However, a standard invoice incorporates,
- Invoice Number
- Customer name and Address
- Total Amount of purchase or usage
- Due Date
- Applicable Taxes and Discount
- Payment Terms
You can use different templates, billing preferences, billing schedules, and payment terms for each type of invoice.
Before you create an invoice, you must determine if the invoice is for payment on receipt, in-advance, or scheduled for a later period.
With an invoice, you can notify your customers of their most recent order, the fees, discounts, and taxes that are applicable. Invoices also include a current account balance of payments owed.
To generate an Invoice, you will need an Invoice template that you can create a template on which the invoice is modelled. To create an Invoice template, see Invoice Template.
The invoice object displays the fee amounts from the correlating billing schedules. Invoices are generated through the invoice run. Invoices are generated in draft mode and can be approved or cancelled. After invoices are cancelled they can be deleted or recreated by running the invoice run again.
Invoice line items are created for each asset line item and relate to the corresponding invoice.
Pre-requisites for Invoice PDF Generation
For invoice generation in the PDF format, you must perform the following configurations:
- Go to Billing Console and click Billing Settings. Enter the Api user name and Password. The Password is your salesforce login password followed by the security token.
- Go to Setup > Custom Settings > Comply System Properties and set the Merge Webserivce End point to under Comply System Settings.
- Go to Setup > Remote Site Settings and click New remote site to add a remote site. Specify Remote Site Name and set Remote Site URL to the base URL of production merge server, for example, .