These Release Notes contain the following information about Conga CLM (Contracts for Salesforce) Winter '20 Release.
For more information on new features, enhancements, and document improvements refer to
- What's New in the Conga CLM (Contracts for Salesforce) Guide
Packages: Lists packages that are required to upgrade to this release of the product
- System Requirements and Supported Platforms: Lists requirements and recommendations for installing this release
New Features: Provides high-level descriptions of new features introduced in this release, with links to more detailed information
- Enhancements: Provides high-level descriptions of enhancements to existing features
- Resolved Issues: Lists customer-reported issues that are resolved in this release or known issues resolved from previous releases
- Known Issues: Lists known issues that are applicable in this release
This documentation may contain descriptions of software features that are optional and for which you may not have purchased a license. As a result, your specific software solution and/or implementation may differ from those described in this document. Please contact your CSM or AE for information on your specific features and licensing.
The following packages and dependent packages are required to upgrade to this release to utilize all the new features of this release. These are the minimum required versions; later versions are also supported. Separate prerequisites for each feature can be found in the respective guides. The packages marked as (New) are new packages in this release.
Latest Certified Version
(Version Name | Version Number)
Conga CLM (Contracts for Salesforce)
System Requirements and Supported Platforms
The following table lists the minimum requirements for installing and using Conga CLM (Contracts for Salesforce).
|System Requirement||Minimum Supported Version|
- Performance / Unlimited
- Developer Salesforce® Products:
- Sales Cloud
- Service Cloud
- Force.com / App Cloud
- Health Cloud
- Financial Services Cloud
Internet Explorer is no longer compatible with Conga Contracts for Salesforce's True-Up user interface in version 1.89 and subsequent versions.
- Google Chrome®
- Mozilla Firefox®
- See Mozilla getting started to ensure Salesforce works optimally with Firefox, update the browser’s configuration settings.
- See Supported browsers for Salesforce Classic. Salesforce Classic is supported with Microsoft® Internet Explorer® version 9, 10, and 11, and Apple® Safari® version 11.x on macOS. The most recent stable versions of Microsoft Edge, Mozilla® Firefox®, and Google Chrome™ are also supported. There are some limitations.
- Supported browsers for the Lightning experience. See the supported browsers and limitations for Lightning Experience.
- Recommendations and Requirements for all browsers. For the best experience and security, follow these guidelines.
- Some features use iframes to work in Lightning Experience, so you must have the appropriate browser security settings for iframes to load correctly. Follow your browser’s instructions to enable working with iframes and third-party cookies. For example: In Internet Explorer, set the Launching programs and files in an IFRAME security setting to Enable orPrompt. In Safari, we recommend changing your privacy settings for cookies to Allow from websites I visit. In Chrome, make sure that Block third-party cookies and site data isn’t selected in the Content settings.
- The minimum screen resolution required to support all Salesforce features is 1024 x 768. Lower screen resolutions don’t always properly display Salesforce features such as Report Builder and Page Layout Editor.
- For Mac OS users on Apple Safari or Chrome, make sure the system setting Show scroll bar is set to Always.
- Some third-party browser plug-ins and extensions can interfere with the functionality of Chatter. If you experience malfunctions or inconsistent behavior with Chatter, disable the browser's plug-ins and extensions and try again.
- Microsoft Office® 2016 (Mac or PC)
- Adobe Acrobat® XI, Acrobat Reader
- Adobe LiveCycle PDFs are not supported.
|Mobile||Compatible with Salesforce1 and all mobile browsers when configured following the documentation.|
To upgrade Conga CLM (Contracts for Salesforce), see Upgrading CLM (Conga Contracts for Salesforce).
The following features are new to Conga CLM (Contracts for Salesforce) in this release.
Generate Documents with X-Author for Contracts
The following section describes existing features that are changed (or are no longer supported) in this release.
Send for Negotiation Compose Email
- When composing emails during the Send for Negotiation process, you can search for users in the "To:" field and hover over their names to display a popover that displays a user's name, email address, account, and title.
- System Administrators can now restrict the "To:" field to display only contacts who are on the account in Global Settings. This feature is disabled by default.
If a document is locked for editing by another user, you can now see the user's name next to a lock icon when you're in the View Redlines screen.
The following table lists the issues resolved in this release.
|Conga Internal ID||Description|
|The name Conga Contracts was replaced with Conga CLM in the application to align with updated branding. |
|CFS-74||Removed the error message "The document can be stored in either Salesforce or the Conga Platform but not both locations at the same time." You can now update settings to store files in both locations. |
There were no known issues for this release.