Before you can launch Conga Batch, you must first set up a Salesforce formula field. See the article Convert a Conga Composer Button to a Formula Field Using the Conga Formula Builder in the Conga Batch guide for instructions.
If your Conga Batch solution uses Salesforce Reports to gather additional data, you must modify the solution to use a SOQL query to gather the additional data when using Conga Grid. This is due to session limitations within Salesforce. Contact your Conga support representative to help with this conversion if needed.
Users can merge a maximum of 75 records when launching Conga Batch from Conga Grid.
Follow the steps below to configure Conga Batch for use with Conga Grid:
- Go to the Conga Grid Setup tab in Salesforce
- In the object list to the left of the screen, select the master object for which the Conga Batch solution is set up. In this example the master object is Account:
- Click the object Features tab, and then click Conga Actions:
- In the Conga Action window, enter a Conga Action Label. This will be the name of the action in the Conga Grid menu.
- From the Type of Conga Actions drop-down list, click Conga Batch (Conga Conductor in Grid version 1.102 and lower).
- Click the Select Buttons or Formula Fields drop-down list and select the formula field name that will launch the Conga solution from the Conga Grid menu:
- Click Save.
- Set the desired feature security.
- Go to the Conga Grid Explorer tab in Salesforce.
- In the object list, select the master object for which the Conga Batch solution is set up.
- Select multiple rows.
- Right-click and select Conga > action. This will invoke your Conga Batch solution for the selected records: