This topic describes the use case for creating a perpetual Agreement.
NoteThis use case gives one example on how to create a perpetual agreement between the company and the contract employee. You might use this functionality differently, depending on your business case.
This use case describes how to create a contract between two entities to hire a contract employee in the company ABC without the need of further renewal required for the employee, though he is a contract employee.
In this case, a contract administrator or an authorized HR person creates, manages, and finalizes the contract between the company ABC and the contract employee.
Pre-requisite: Make sure you have the following:
- An account for the company ABC is created.
For this business, the contract employee must serve the company ABC, for a long term.
To create a perpetual agreement, perform the following steps:
- Go to the Agreement tab and click New.
The SelectAgreement Record Type page is displayed.
- Select an option from the Record Type of new record drop-down list, and click Continue.
The New Agreement page is displayed.
The Agreement Edit page is displayed.
- Enter agreement name in the Agreement Name field.
- Select an account from the Account picklist.
- Select Start Date.
- Select the Perpetual check box in Terms and Renewals section.
- Enter or select values in the required fields (marked in red) which are mandatory to complete the agreement record details.
- Click Save.
The perpetual agreement is created.
Similarly, you can create other agreements that do not have an end date and do not require further renewal of the contract.