Comments allow you to bring attention or provide additional information to other collaborators reading a document. You can add, edit, delete, reply, resolve, and re-open comments during online contract collaboration (OCC). You can also add another comment on the commented text. You can view the comments added in X-Author for Contracts in OCC. You can also view the comments added in OCC in X-Author for Contracts.
You can work with comments based on the access mode defined for your user profile. For more information, see Working with Different UI Modes.
To add a comment
- Open a document.
- Select the text you that you need to comment on.
- If you are in Comment Only mode, click the comments icon (
If you are in any other mode, click and select Add Comment.
This displays a comment box in the margin of the document and the selected text gets highlighted. ).
- Add your comment in the comment box.
- Click the ok icon (
On the comment, you can view the name of the commenter and date and time that the comment was made. ) to save the comment.
To edit a comment
Prerequisite: You can only edit comments that you have added.
- Select a comment that you need to edit.
Click the edit icon () and modify the comment.
This displays that the comment was edited in OCC.
To delete a comment
- Select a comment that you need to delete.
- Click the delete icon (
This displays Delete comment? dialogue. ).
Click the ok icon () to delete the comment.
If you delete a parent comment, then the child comments will also get deleted.
To reply to a comment
- Select a comment that you need to reply to.
This displays the reply box below the comment.
- Type your reply and click the ok icon ( ) to save the reply.
To resolve a comment
- Select a comment that you need to resolve.
- Click the resolve icon ( ) on the parent comment to resolve the comment.
To reopen a resolved comment
- Hover over a resolved comment the reopen icon changes from to .
Click the re-open icon () on the parent comment to unresolve the comment.