The Smart Data pane lists the fields and clauses (smart and read-only) in the order they appear in a document. If a field or clause in the Smart Data pane or the document has a lock icon (), it indicates that the field or clause is read-only. When you hover over a field or clause in a document and your cursor changes to , it indicates that the field or clause is read-only. When you modify smart data, ensure that you do not enter an invalid value. You cannot publish the document if you enter an invalid value.
You can work with Smart Data based on the access mode defined for your user profile. For more information, see Working with Different UI Modes.
You can perform the following tasks on the Smart Data pane:
- Click the Smart Data icon ( ) to view the list of fields and clauses available in the document.
- Enter a name, keyword, or description and click the Fields tab to view search results for fields or click the Clauses tab to view the search results for clauses in the document.
- In the Fields tab:
- Click a field name to go to the field in the document.
- Click a Table name to go to the table in the document.
- Click a field within the table to go to the field in the document table.
- In the document:
- Click within a smart field and the field is highlighted in Smart Data > Fields pane.
- Click within a smart clause in the document and the clause is highlighted in Smart Data > Clause pane.
- Click within a date smart field and click the calendar icon ( ) to view the date popup and change the date.
- Click within a smart field with a picklist value and select the required value from the dropdown.
- In the Clauses tab, click a clause name to go to the clause in the document.
When the protection level of a document is Insert comments and tracked changes only or Full Access:
- You will see a modified icon () beside the modified smart field or clause in the Smart Data pane when you modify a smart field or clause in the document.
- You need to accept or reject the changes to sync the values to the agreement record.
- After you accept or reject the changes in the document, the modified icon is replaced with the info icon ( ) and the values in the agreement record are updated after you publish the document.
- If you do not accept or reject changes and select the With Redlines option while publishing the document, the changes are not updated in the agreement record and when you open the published document, you will see the modified icon (
For more information on how to accept or reject changes, see Accepting or Rejecting Suggestions in Documents. ) beside the modified smart field or clause in the Smart Data pane.