Following are the new features introduced in this release:
Ability to Collaborate Online
Online Contract Collaboration (OCC) allows you to review and redline agreement documents within Contract Management without the need for any dedicated software. You must enable the comply system property—Enable Online Contract Collaboration. The following features are available for online contract collaboration:
- Redline agreement document
- Differentiate edits by each negotiator/collaborator
- Add, reply, and resolve comments
- Access Smart Data and view smart and read-only data
- Identify modified and new smart data
- Access Clause Library and insert clauses
- Sync the changes in a document to the corresponding agreement record by publishing the document
- Interoperate with X-Author Contracts and X-Author for Contracts 2.0
Ability to Merge Documents in Salesforce Lightning
You can combine the latest versions of different agreement documents along with the documents uploaded to the version aware agreement in Salesforce Lightning. You can combine the documents in different formats (DOCX, DOC, and PDF formats) into one DOCX or PDF document. You can also configure Merge Documents protection level for merged documents.
Ability to Identify Document Type for Version Aware Agreement
For version aware agreements, the document type field is introduced to identify the type of document. The following document types are introduced for different agreement documents:
|Generated, regenerated, created offline, and imported offline documents||Agreement Document|
|Generated supporting documents and documents added in Wizard||Supporting Document|
Signed and uploaded executed documents
Intermediate Signed Documents (EchoSign)
|Documents in amended, renewed, or cloned agreements||Documents inherit Document Type from the original agreements|
In version aware agreements, you can view the Document Type column when you Send for Review, Send for MS Team Review, Send for Parallel Review, Send for Signature, and Send for eSignature (EchoSign).
After you upgrade to the Summer 2020 release, all the existing documents in version aware agreements will have Document Type as Agreement Document.
Ability to Import Supporting Documents
You can use the Import Supporting Document button to import supporting documents in a version aware agreement.
Following are the enhancements introduced in this release:
Ability to Ending Parallel Review without Document
You can end a parallel review without uploading a reviewed document.
Ability to Notify a Reviewer on Review Cancellation
An email is sent to the reviewers in a parallel review when the review is canceled.
Enhancement to Parallel Review
You can only send documents with DOCX format for parallel review. If you send documents for parallel review with any other file format (PDF, PNG, DOC, etc.,), the documents will not go through the normal review.
Ability to View Number of Pages and the Language of the Document on Document Viewer
When you review a document created by intelligent import, you can view the number of pages in the document and language of the document on the Document Viewer toolbar.
Enhancement to Intelligent Import
When you complete the review of an offline document (created or imported):
- All the clauses in the document are updated to Inserted in the Agreement Clauses section
- The Agreement Status Category is updated to In Authoring
- The Agreement Status is updated to Author Contract.
When you complete the review of an executed document (uploaded as a signed document):
- All the clauses in the document are updated to Final in the Agreement Clauses section
- The Agreement Status Category is updated to In Filling.
- The Agreement Status is updated to blank.
Support for Mapping Project and Record Type to Provisions
You can map project and record type to clauses and fields to provisions in Lightning.
Ability to Test IDE Connection
You can verify the accuracy of the IDE details that you have provided.
Ability to Navigate to the Clause while Reviewing Intelligently Imported Document
When you select a clause in the Clauses tab while reviewing an intelligently imported document, you are navigated to the clause location in the document.
Ability to Edit Email Templates for Intelligent Processing
You can edit the following email templates that are available in Contract Management to notify a user about intelligent import processing:
- Intelligent Discovery Processing Error Notification
- Intelligent Discovery Processing Status Update
Ability to Upload Signed Documents using Intelligent Import
When you have configured Intelligent Import Settings in your org and enable the Intelligent Import for Signed Document comply system property, you can use Intelligent import to upload signed documents.
Ability to Configure the Availability of the Upload Signed Document Button
You can make the Upload Signed Document buttons available for different Statuses and Status Categories of agreements according to your requirement.
Ability Configure Columns in the Template Selection Page in Lightning
In the Template Selection page, you can configure the template attributes that must be displayed as columns in the template selection section available when you preview documents, generate documents, regenerate documents, and generate supporting documents. By default, Name, Guidance, Category, and SubCategory template attributes are available on the Template Selection page.
Ability to Add Help Text for Template Selection
You can use the APTS_TemplateSelectionGuidance Admin Entry to add help text in the Template Selection page to guide users to select appropriate templates when users preview documents, generate documents, regenerate documents, and generate supporting documents.
Ability to Add Custom Button API Names in Salesforce Lightning
You can use the APTS_CustomLinksforActionPanel Admin Entry to customize the action panel in Salesforce Lightning by adding custom buttons with API names.
Document Version Support for Signed Documents
The following conditions apply when you send documents for signatures:
When you send documents in version aware agreements for manual signatures:
You must select at least one latest document version and you can also select documents from Files or Notes and Attachments.
- The uploaded fully signed documents are available as the major version with name as UploadSignedDocument in the Document Version related list.
- When you send documents in version aware agreements for eSignatures using EchoSign (Adobe Sign):
- You can send generated, regenerated, supporting, imported offline, created offline, or manually uploaded documents.
- You can select any document from Files or Notes and Attachments. You can also select the latest document version from the Document Version related list.
- The fully signed single or multiple documents from EchoSign are available In Contract Management as the major version with name as Executed Document in the Document Version related list.
- The intermediate signed documents from EchoSign are available in Contract Management as a major document version with name as Intermediate Signed Document in the Document Version related list. In version aware agreement, the Document Type of the document is updated to Intermediate Document.
Apttus User Experience Analysis
With this release, in order to better understand and analyze feature usage and the user experience, Apttus is adding a user experience analysis component to its solution with the assistance of Pendo. The analytics component allows Apttus to tailor improvements and new features to help meet your business requirements and improve the user experience. No action is required on your part and there will be no impact to any existing product features, system functionality, or configured workflows. No personally identifiable information (PII), nor any other proprietary, confidential, or sensitive data will be collected by the analytics component.
During Apttus Base Library installation, if you see an “Approve Third-Party Access” prompt, this refers to the Apttus User Experience Analysis component. Select the Yes, grant access to these third-party web sites checkbox and click Continue to proceed with the installation. For more information, see Installing Contract Management.