After the agreement is finalized and signed between the engaged parties, you can activate the agreement to bring it into effect. Activating an agreement record is very important because it ensures that key dates and events will be monitored by the system, and that all In Effect agreements are included in appropriate searches, reports, and views. As a part of the activation sequence, the system will ensure that your organization has identified and attached the proper, final executed version of the agreement.
|User Permissions Needed|
|To activate an agreement:||Agreement: Edit.|
- You cannot activate an agreement if review cycles are In Progress.
- You must have an existing reviewed and signed agreement document.
- You must ensure that the Status Category for the Agreement record is In Signatures or In Filing.
To Activate an Agreement
- On the Agreement detail page, click the Activate button.
From the Select Document section, select the Agreement document that you want to activate. Click Next. The selected Agreement document is shown in the Summary section under the Documents Selected for Activation area.
You cannot select executed documents for activation. The executed documents are selected by default and are displayed in the Summary section. If executed documents are available in the agreement, you can skip Step 2 and the executed documents are considered for activation.
- You can select an Agreement document for content search or click Next to skip this optional step.
- The selected Agreement document is reflected in the Summary section under the Documents Selected for Content Search area.
- The selected Agreement document is removed from the Notes & Attachments related list and reflected in the Agreement Documents related list.
You can select an Agreement document to be removed from the Notes & Attachments related list or click Next to skip this optional step.
During the agreement activation process, you cannot remove the executed documents.
- Review the agreement documents chosen for activation, content search, and removal. Click Activate.
The button text changes from Activate to Activating and you are redirected to the agreement detail page.
For the activated agreement record, the Status Category changes to In Effect and the Status changes to Activated. The activated agreement record can now be amended or renewed or terminated or expired.
For community portal users, after you activate an agreement, the system returns to the community page.