In these release notes, you can find packages, requirements, features, enhancements, fixed issues, and known issues for the Conga Composer October '23 release. For documentation updates, see What's New in Composer Documentation.
This documentation may describe optional features for which you have not purchased a license; therefore your solution or implementation may differ from what is described here. Contact your Customer Success Manager (CSM) or Account Executive (AE) to discuss your specific features and licensing.
The following packages and dependencies are required to upgrade to this release and use its new features. These are the minimum required versions; later versions are also supported. Prerequisites for each feature can be found in its documentation. Packages marked (New) are new for this release.
- The Composer package has been pushed to all production environments as of October 9th, 2023. This package is fully compatible with the Salesforce Winter '24 release and no action is required for customers.
- We have identified the Salesforce Winter '24 update will impact composer customers that are depending on the $Api.Session_ID variable to generate documents through Salesforce Flow. It is our recommendation that customers update their Composer Flow solutions from sessionID buttons to Oauth buttons to not be impacted.
- Moving forward from October, all updates to Composer's Salesforce package are installed automatically in all accounts at the time of release.
- Starting October 18th, Composer will be compatible with the Salesforce API Version 58.0. For more details, refer to Support of Salesforce API Version with Composer.
- If you are merging images with Composer or utilizing SF1 solutions, you will need to refresh your token in the Composer Setup Menu. For more details, refer to Configuring the Connected App for SF1.
System Requirements and Supported Platforms
For information pertaining to the requirements and recommendations, you must consider before you proceed with the installation of the Conga product suite, see System Requirements and Supported Platforms Matrix.
There are no new features in this release.
There are no new enhancements in this release.
The following issues are fixed in this release.
|Conga Internal ID||Description|
|COREAPPS-5835||You will no longer see the ReassignWhatID2 Trigger as part of the Composer package.|
|Composer SF1 solutions are routing to incorrect domains.|
|JSON data pulled from Salesforce with the &fieldatasource parameter is not merged when run on Conga Platform. |
The following table provides the cumulative list of known issues up to this release.
|Conga Internal ID||Description|
|PLAPPS-873||A merge error occurs when using Lightning Component to merge JSON data pulled from Salesforce with the &fieldatasource parameter in the Composer template.|
|CM-4662||The Right-to-Left (RTL) functionality in the Word template does not work for Composer or Conga Quote Generation (CQG).|
When you select templates from the Lightning Component UI, the order in which you select them is not maintained, and they merge at random.
Workaround: Use the TemplateId parameter to specify a template order in the merged document.
All Salesforce clouds, except Salesforce Community Cloud, support Box integration with Composer in background mode.
All Salesforce clouds, except Salesforce Community Cloud, support Adobe Sign integration with Composer in background mode.
Send for E-Signature in Adobe Sign integration with Composer using the ESAgreementTemplateID parameter redirects to the home page and fails to send the email.
When your daily Trigger limit is exceeded, the email alert you are supposed to receive is not sent.
The Customize Parameters button in the Composer Solution creator fails when using the Search function and then redirects back to the Conga Composer Solution. While you cannot use the Search function for Parameters, you can still add the parameter from this UI.
Activity Logging parameters are not working in Lightning Component.
FieldDataSource parameter is not working in Lightning Component.
With Enhanced Data enabled, using the pre-build solution creation with the Launch Quick Start function will invoke an error: "There was an error processing your request. Something went wrong during the creation of the Composer Buttons. Navigate to the Conga Solution records and create buttons individually for more information."
The DS8 Parameter does not hide the Local Template Tab
DOC ID: CMPOCT23PRN20231003REVA