This topic describes the use case for generating a document using the Composer Button.
This use case gives one example of how to generate an Account Brief document using the Composer Button. You might use this functionality differently to generate different documents depending on your business case. Contact your administrator to configure the Composer Solutions as per your business use case.
For example, if the administrator would like to enable you (as a sales representative) to generate account briefs based on specific fields from an account record, the administrator builds the Composer Solution and place the button on an account object's page layout. You then click the button to run the solution and generate the document.
The administrator can configure the solution in the following two ways as per the business use case to generate the document in PDF format:
- Provide selections, such as which template to use for the final merged files or other options to streamline the process.
- Run the solution in background mode, which means with a single button click, the document will be generated according to the predetermined output method, behind the scenes. (For this, you only need to click the button, the rest of the process runs in the background and the document or email template is automatically merged and delivered in the desired manner. Because the user interface is skipped, you are not able to choose templates, output file options, or activity logging options. Instead, the administrator pre-defines these options in the Conga Composer solution using parameters.)
To generate a document with Conga Composer User Interface
- Click the App Icon ( ) > Search and select Accounts.
- Click the respective account from the account list.
- Click the Account Brief button.
- The Conga Composer User Interface screen is displayed if the administrator defines this behavior for you to select particular options.
Select the respective Template from the list or it is preselected if the Composer Administrator has defined a particulate template as a default in the solution.
- Select or Update the options under the following sections if you want:
- Related Contact
- Output Options
- Save a Copy
- Activity Logging
- Update Fields
- Click Preview if you want to preview the document before the final merge.
Click Merge & Download.
The Account Brief document is downloaded into your system. If you have set the Activity Logging in the Conga Composer User Interface or configured it into the solution by the administrator using Activity Logging parameters, you can see the Upcoming & Overdue details under the Activity section as shown in the image below.