A user with the List Admin permission creates the contract types used to categorize the contracts stored in Conga Contracts. A List Admin can set up a hierarchy to accurately identify each contract type and facilitate searching and/or reporting when locating a general contract type or specific sub-type. For example, if your company sells software and also provides support for the software, a Sales contract type could be created and contain two different types of contracts: Products (for customers who only purchase the software) and Products & Services (for customers who purchase the software and customer support).
- Click the Gear Icon in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Lists link in the menu.
- In the List Administration screen, enter contract in the Search field and press the ENTER key on your keyboard.
- When the alphabetized results display in the Fields List section, locate the Contract (7 Items) category.
- In the Contract category, click the Contract Type list to display the existing types in right side of the screen.
- Tip: To display all 10 default lists in the Contract Profile screen, scroll through the alphabetized list until you locate the Contract (10 Items) category, which includes the lists that do not begin with the word contract: Additional Party Type, Address Type, and Agreement Type.
Add a contract type.
If the list of contract types is lengthy, click Excel in the toolbar to generate a spreadsheet showing the existing types before adding a new one.
- Right-click the icon at the top of the list to display an Add/Delete menu, and select Add.
- Click the icon if the top-level folder is not expanded.
- When the New Item record displays at the bottom of the list:
- Click in its Contract Type field, and enter a name for the contract type.
- (Optional) Click the Disabled check box so the contract type does not immediately display in the Contract Type list in the Contract Profile screen.
- (Optional) Add a sub-type to a contract type:
- Right-click the icon for a contract type to display an Add/Delete menu, and select Add.
- If present, click the icon for a contract type to display its sub-types.
- When the New Item record displays immediately below the contract type as an indented record, click in its Contract Type field, and enter a name for the contract sub-type.
- (Optional) Click the Disabled check box so the contract sub-type does not immediately display in the Contract Type list in the Contract Profile screen.
- Click Save.