You need the Role Admin permission to add a user role to Conga Contracts. Since there are 38 default permissions types, and five security groups with varying levels of access to program data and tasks, a role can be created using any combination of the permissions and access to security groups.
The security groups are Company, Contract, Project, Additional Forms, and Document Types. Within the Company, Contract, and Project Groups, the level of access ranges from View only to Full access to data in the Profile, as well as access to the documents stored in the Profile. The permission to perform tasks is restricted to uploading documents in Company and Project Profiles, while the tasks that can be performed from a Contract Profile include uploading documents for CIM processing and running the eSignature Package Wizard. A role's access to additional forms and document types is granted or denied for only those additional forms and document types that have security.
When a user is assigned to a role, they can perform the tasks associated with each permission type granted in the role. Permission types include the administrative functions for a Security, Configuration, and Global module and the program modules that can be restricted (Reporting, Advanced Reporting, Scheduled Reporting, BI Toolbox, Bulk Data Upload Tool, Requestor, Approver, Open in Word (Direct Editing), Scorecard Viewing, and Email Distribution Lists).
A user's level of access to company and contract groups defined by their role can be overridden by setting the User Type field in their User Profile screen to Contract Request Only or Casual User.
- 1. Click the Gear Icon in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Roles link from the dropdown menu.
- In the Roles screen, click New Role in the toolbar.
- In the Role Profile screen, populate the Role Name and Role Description fields.
- Optional) Select a security level in the Clause Security list to identify the highest clause security level this user role can access.
- (Optional) Select the Limit Editing User Preferences check box to prevent any user holding this role from populating or editing the fields in the Name, Address, and Contact tabs in their User Preferences window.
Users will still be able to access the Email Signature field in their Contact tab.
- (Optional) In the Permission Types section of the screen, select the check boxes for all the permission types you want to assign to the role.
- Assign the role's access level to each company, contract, and project group, additional form, and document type that uses security:
A role can be created by selecting one permission type and then selecting an access level to a single Company, Contract, or Project group, additional form, or document type. Conversely, a role can contain several permission types, and an access level for several company, contract, and project groups, additional forms, and document types.
- In the Company Groups tab, select the check box(es) for a company group to define the role's level of access to the data for a company group, or leave all check boxes unselected to prevent access to the group:
- Viewable - views information in Company Profiles.
- Create - adds Company Profiles.
- Modify - edits information in Company Profile screens, as well as linked information (except documents).
- Documents - views and downloads documents stored in Company Profiles.
- Document Upload - uploads documents to Company Profiles.
When this check box is selected, the Viewable and Documents check boxes are automatically selected since this permission works in conjunction with the Documents feature, which allows any user, even the Restrict to My Contracts role, to view and download documents.
- Full - user is granted all the above permissions.
- Click the Contract Groups tab, and select the check box(es) for a contract group to define the role's level of access to the data for the group (Viewable, Create, Modify, Documents, Document Upload, and/or Full), or leave all check boxes unselected to prevent access to the group.
- Run eSignature Wizard - user can run the eSignature Package Wizard. This permission works in conjunction with the Contract Request feature and allows users who have made a contract request, which has been approved, to run the wizard so that the contract is sent for electronic signatures.
For a contract group, you must first select the Run eSignature Wizard check box or you will not be able to select the Full check box
- Click the Projects tab, and select the check box(es) for a project group to define the role's level of access to the data for the group (Viewable, Create, Modify, Documents, Document Upload, and/or Full), or leave all check boxes unselected to prevent access to the group.
- Click the Additional Forms tab, and select the check box(es) for an additional form to define the role's level of access to the secure additional form (Full, Viewable, Create, and/or Modify), or leave all check boxes unselected to prevent access to the additional form.
- Click the Document Types tab, and select the check box(es) for a document type to define the role's level of access to the secure document type (Full, Viewable, Create, and/or Modify), or leave all check boxes unselected to prevent access to the document type.
- The document types that appear in this list are determined by the selections made in the Role Security check boxes in the Document Types list in the List Administration screen, which are used in Clause Identification & Management.
- Click Save.