The Clause Type, Clause Group, Category, and Security field lists in the List Administration screen are used to define and manage the clauses that a user with the Clause Admin permission can add to the Clause Library. Therefore, a user with the Clause Admin permission should also have the List Admin permission.
When adding a clause, the Clause Security field list controls user access to the clause, which works in conjunction with the clause security defined in their user role(s). A user can view the clauses at the security level set in their user role, as well as clauses at lower security levels. A user accesses their Clause Library by selecting the Clause Library link in their Contracts menu.
The clauses in the Clause Library serve as alternative language for a contract's terms during contract negotiations and renewals. Clauses are also used in the Clause Identification & Management module, and can be inserted into a creation template during the contract creation process.
A List Admin can perform the following tasks associated with the clause field lists:
- Add an Item to a Clause Category or Type List Item
- Edit and Move Items in a Clause Category or Type List
- Disable and Delete Items in a Clause Category List
- Add a Clause Security List Item
- Edit, Disable, and Delete Items in a Clause Security List
- Adding a Clause Group List Item
- Edit, Disable, and Delete Items in a Clause Group List