Partner Commerce is the activity of electronically buying or selling products on online services or over the Internet. Partner Commerce has three main components: Web Commerce, Mobile Commerce, and Social Commerce, thus connecting channels and devices. Partner Commerce enables consumers to shop from their homes and offices, and even on the move.
After you have used CPQ to configure products and pricing, you can associate the price list to the storefront object within the Digital Commerce package. After your catalog has been set up, the next step is to create a Storefront record. The storefront object is very basic and contains only two fields to map a storefront to a price list and logo for the guest user. The price list refers to the price list you want the guest user to access and the logo must be an ID or a URL of the logo attachment for the store. The storefront record also has a banner related list that can be used to set up banners for the jumbotron component in the reference template.
You can define the asset management functions with different data objects to track quote details until an order is fulfilled. You can set up multi-language web sites. You can apply promotions, make secure payments, and calculate tax on your cart page.
Partner Commerce allows an administrator to perform the following administrative tasks:
- Set up and activate communities
- Install Partner Commerce Package and dependent packages
- Post deployment community setup
- Assign Partner Commerce permission set
- Create custom field on account for the price list
- Set up single and multiple store
- Payment integration using Cybersource Payment
- Tax integration with Avalara tax engine
- Set up multi-language storefront using translations
- Set email notification template for checkout
- Enable state and country picklists
- Add a storefront record
- Add storefront promotional banners and associate it with the storefront record
- Clone and install the reference template
- Configure templates
- Set up the local development environment
- Server Deployment
- Customize your application
- Customize HTML content and standard components
- Add custom fields on object models
- Add custom attributes to a product
- Customize logic in the services
- Customize the template page with custom field
- Optimize Search Engine
It is important to understand how terms are used when working with Partner Commerce.
|Configure Price Quote (CPQ)||Conga solution for configuring products, setting up pricing, and generating quotes.|
|Partner Commerce||Partner Commerce enables your partner company to create quotes, configure products, and manage orders for the end customer to ensure faster selling and up-time without your support.|
|Product Catalog||A view that allows hierarchical categorization of products for users to search through and add to their configuration.|
|Promotions||A promotion is a marketing technique that you apply to reduce the list price of a product or a service. You can create such promotion and restrict the scope, limit, and benefits so your sales representatives apply this promotion to specific products, for specific customers, and for a limited period.|
|Options||A product that can be sold along with another product.|
|Attributes||Features of a product, such as color, size, weight, and more.|
Conga leverages Salesforce Communities to host your Digital Commerce site providing authentication and hosting features for your storefront. You can create multiple communities within your organization for multiple storefronts.
|Storefront||Custom object that is part of the E-Commerce package. The storefront object maps a storefront to a price list and other basic information such as logo, banners, and more.|
|Reference template/application||Base template provided by Conga for further development and customization as per your requirement.|
Digital Commerce payment integration using Cybersource.
|Tax integration||Tax integration using Avalara tax engine with the help of a Tax Callback class.|
|Translations||If your org has multiple languages enabled, use Translation Workbench to maintain your translated labels in your org. You can manage translated values for any Salesforce supported language.|