Price lists are containers of price list items. Price lists can also have a currency set if your environment is multi-currency enabled.
Price lists are associated with categories so that an end user can view and select products from the shopping cart. For example, Price list A is associated with Category B, when you select price list A on the Quote/Proposal Edit page, only category B and associated products are displayed in the shopping cart.
You can create a price list at any time; however, it is most efficient to create a price list before creating products to easily associate the products with the price list.
To create a price list
- On App Menu, click Apttus CPQ Admin and then click the CPQ Admin tab. The new admin console is launched.
- On the Pricing menu, click Manage Price Lists.
- Click New PriceList.
Enter the following details and click Save.
Field Description PriceList Name Enter the name of the price list. This is a mandatory field. Short Description Enter a description for the price list. Is Active Move the slider to the right to enable the price list. Effective Date Select a date from when the price list must be effective. Expiration Date Select a date in the calendar on which the price list should be expired or made inactive. Based on Price List
Select the name of an existing price list depending on which the new price list is created.
This field is useful in scenarios such as your organization wants to sell the same products in different currencies or in the same currency with some discount.
For example, your organization sells products in the United States in the USD currency. You have created a price list called USD Price List. For all products, you have created the required price list items, which are associated with USD Price List. Now you want to sell the same products in Great Britain in the GBP currency. You can create another price list with the following details:
- PriceList Name: GBP Price List
- Currency: GBP - British Pound
- Based On Price List: USD Price List
If you sell a product that costs 1 USD in the Unites States, the price of it will be converted to GBP based on the currency conversion rate defined at Setup > Company Profile > Manage Currencies. In this way, you can create a price list based on another price list, without creating corresponding price list items.
Based on Adjustment Type
Select the type of adjustment. The following adjustment types are available:
- % Discount: If the Sales Rep applies a % discount type of adjustment, the List Price is discounted by a percentage specified in the adjustment amount field. The new amount is stored on the cart line item.
- Discount Amount: If the Sales Rep applies a discount amount of adjustment, the List Price is discounted by a percentage specified in the adjustment amount field. The new amount is stored on the cart line item.
- % Markup: If the Sales Rep applies a percentage markup of adjustment, the List Price is increased by the percentage specified in the % Markup field. The new amount is stored on the cart line item. For example, if you want to increase the price of laptops during the month of September, you can apply a markup amount or a percentage markup that adds to the List price.
- Markup Amount: If the Sales Rep applies a markup amount of adjustment, the List Price is increased by the amount specified in the markup amount adjustment field. The new amount is stored on the cart line item.
- Price Factor: This is a multiplier. Select this and enter an amount in the Based on Adjustment Amount field. Using this price factor, CPQ multiplies the List Price on the cart.
Click the drop-down list and select the currency.
The currency defined in the price list overrides the currencies that you define in other objects such as price list item, product, quote, quote line item.
Based on Adjustment Amount Enter a value based on the adjustment type that you have selected. Type
Select the type of Price list from the drop-down list. The following price list types are available:
- Standard: Select standard price list if the quote derives it pricing from price list and its related price list items configured in the CPQ solution.
- Contract: Select contract price list if the quote derives its pricing from an agreement. You must also associate a contract number when you select this price list.
Account Associate an account with the price list. Cost Model
Search and select a cost model.
A cost model is a container holding all cost types (parent and child cost types). You can associate one cost model with multiple price lists. However, one price list can have only a single cost model associated with it. For more information, see Defining Cost Models and Associating Cost Models with a Price List.
Owner Enter a name of the owner for Pricing activities. Contract Number Enter a contract number to which you want to associate this price list. This enables contract pricing in CPQ.
A price list is created and saved. You can associate all related pricing, products, and options with them.