The Sales Rep can expand the bundles to view the options, sub-bundles, and secondary line items on the Cart page using the expand icon. CPQ provides a feature to prevent the Sales Rep from expanding the bundles. This is helpful if you do not want to expose the detailed prices and discounts applied at the option level of a bundle or sub-bundle to the Sales Rep.
You must create the Disable Bundle Expansion toggle button on the Product object. You can use this button to control Sales Rep's ability to expand the individual bundle or sub-bundle on the Cart page. When you enable this field for a bundle, the Sales Rep is not allowed to expand that bundle or sub-bundle on the Cart page as the expand icon is disabled. However, the Sales Rep can expand other bundles where this field is not enabled.
You can enable the Disable Bundle Expansion button on the Creating Product page in CPQ Admin UI. For more information on how to enable Disable Bundle Expansion, refer to Creating Products. You also need to add the field in View Cart Custom Fields in Config System Properties.
Perform the following tasks to define Bundle Expansion functionality.
To create the field Disable Bundle Expansion
- Go to Setup > App Setup > Customize > Products > Fields.
- In Product Custom Fields & Relationships section and click New.
- Select Checkbox data type and click Next.
Enter the details:
Option Description Field Label Enter Disable Bundle Expansion as the value of the field. You can change the label if required. Default Value Select Unchecked. Field Name
Enter APTS_DisableExpandInCart as the value of the field.
You must only use the APTS_DisableExpandInCart API name in the Field Name. The feature is only enabled if you enter the exact name.
- Click Next.
- Select the profiles to which you want to give access to the field and click Next.
- Ensure the field is added to the available layout.
- Click Save.
To add field values in View Cart Custom Fields
- Go to Setup > Develop > Custom Settings > Config System Properties > Manage.
- Find System Properties and click Edit.
- In the View Cart Custom Fields field, enter the following values separated by commas:
- Click Save.
- Execute Custom Setting Maintenance. Refer to Running Maintenance Jobs.
To execute Query Field Metadata
- Go to All Tab ( ) > CPQ Console > Maintenance Console.
In the Query Field Metadata section, click Refresh Field Metadata.
To add Disable Bundle Expansion in Create Products page
You must add the Disable Bundle Expansion button to Create Product page in CPQ Admin. The button is not displayed otherwise.
Follow the instructions in Configuring the Product Creation Screen Fields to add the button.