- Go to ADMIN SETUP > Pricing Administration > Price Lists. The Price Lists page is displayed.
- Click the required price list name link to open the Price Lists details page.
- Click the Price List Items tab.
- Click the advanced setup icon next to a price list item name. The price list item details page is displayed.
On the Miscellaneous tab, enter the following details:
Setting Description Price Included In Bundle Select to include the price with the bundle product. Selecting Price Included in Bundle sets the Adjustment Amount to zero and Adjustment Type to Price Override. This means the option price is included in the bundle price and therefore is free. Enable Price Ramps Select this check box to make a product price rampable. Allow Manual Adjustments Select this to enable the end user to make manual adjustments. Manual adjustments are done through the adjustment type and amount fields on the pricing cart page. Allocate Group Adjustment Select this to include the product in a manual group discount, if applied, on the pricing cart page. Enable Commitment Select this to enable commitment. Allow Proration Select to allow proration. On the Cart page, to make Selling Frequency editable by the user, this check box must be selected. Is Usage Tier Modifiable Select this check box to enable an end user to modify the usage tier. Disable Sync With Opportunity
Select to prevent the creation of asset corresponding to this product during the quote process. For now, you can disable asset creation only for standalone products.
It is recommended not to block asset creation because it hinders the preferable system flow of asset creation on quote acceptance.
Disable Asset Integration Select to prevent the creation of asset corresponding to this product during the quote process. For now, you can disable asset creation only for standalone products. Enable Price Overlap Select this to enable price overlap.
- Click Save before you navigate away from this tab. Otherwise, CPQ displays an error message.
Configuring Price Escalators
Price Escalator is a new mechanism to define a markup on the different prices for a product. The markup can be defined on a previous or first ramp line on the cart.
On which prices is it applicable?
The markup is applied on the List Price, Base Price or Extended Price.
Applicable for which products?
The Price Escalator can be applied on Bundle and Option products. Please note that the bundle level escalator does not cascade to the option products.
Where is this applied?
The markup is applied on the first or previous ramp line (defined by the Period field) of bundle or option products on the cart.
When is this applied?
For bundle products, the price escalator is applied after the Price Matrices.
For option products, the price of the ramps is calculated depending on the value in the Product Option Price Order field.
If the matrix gives a base price is 60 and if the YOY ramp markup has been defined as 10% over base price on period 2 and period 3, then the first ramp line will be $60, second will be $66 and the third will be $72.60.
How is price escalator applied on ramp lines during ABO operations?
CPQ applies Price Escalator on new ramp lines created during ABO operations regardless of the Default Asset Pricing Indicator? setting (true or false). A new ramp line always gets its value from the price list item (PLI) pricing. For more information, see Use Case: Applying Price Escalator on New Ramp Lines During ABO Operations.
To configure a Price Escalator
- Navigate to your Price List Item record and search for Price Escalator related list.
Click New Price Escalator and enter the following details:
Period Number Defines the ramp line number. Adjustment Source Defines the ramp on which the adjustment is applied. For example, Previous Ramp (if the ramp value depends on its previous value) or, the First Ramp (if the ramp value depends first ramp). Adjustment Applies To Values for the different prices to which the adjustment is applied. Valid values are List Price, Base Price and Extended Price. Adjustment Type Values for manual adjustments whether you want to apply discount or markup on the price. Adjustment Amount Field to enter in the amount or percentage of manual adjustment. Price List Item This is a lookup to the Price List Item, containing the PLI Id by default.
- Turn the setting Copy the current data in new row on to copy the details of a price matrix entry to the next entry.
- In the Number of rows field, enter a value of how many rows you want to add.
- Click the ellipsis icon for the entry and click Delete.
- If there are no unsaved changes, the Delete Price Matrix Entry pop-up is displayed. Click Confirm.
- If there are unsaved changes, the a pop-up is displayed prompting your confirmation. Click Discard Changes. The Delete Price Matrix Entry pop-up is displayed. Click Confirm.
- Click Add.