Navigating the Field Expressions Page
When you launch the Field Expressions page on the UI, all the existing field expressions are listed on this page along with their details. There are various functionalities available for you to manage the field expressions.
Field Expressions Search
You can narrow down the field expressions list using the search feature. You can either define search criteria to search for a range of field expressions or use the field expression search option.
In basic search, you can search for a field expression using keywords. For example, you can search using the name of the field expression.
- In the Search this list field, enter a keyword related to your field expression details such as field expression name.
- Click the search icon or press Enter. CPQ returns all field expressions that contain that keyword in the field expression details.
In advanced search, you can search for a field expression using a search query.
- Click the Advanced Search icon . The Advanced Search pop-up is displayed.
- Enter the following details:
- Field: All field expression fields are available in the drop-down list such as Text, Checkbox, Date, Date/Time, Number, Percent, Picklist, Multi-Select Picklist, Currency.
- Operator: Operators that are available for selection helps create the filter expression. Operators are displayed based on the field types. For example, a picklist value will display equal to and not equal operators and a text field will display equal to, not equal to, starts with, contain, does not contain operators. If it is a multi-value picklist, the application displays include and does not include operators.
- Value: Enter a value.
- Click Apply to enable the search filter. CPQ returns all products that match the criteria.
Sorting Field Expressions
You can sort the field expressions lists by clicking the column names. The field expressions are sorted alphabetically. Every time you click the column name, the sorting switches between ascending and descending order. You can adjust the column width by dragging the columns. Hover near the column boundaries till two-way arrow appears. Click when the arrow appears and drag left or right to adjust the column width.
Actions available on this page
- Click New Field Expression to create new field expressions.
- Click the ellipsis icon next to the field expression name to delete an existing field expression.
- Click the field expression name link to open the field expression details page.
Items per page
At the bottom of the page, you can see the total count of field expressions available. You can control the number of field expressions to be displayed on each page. You can select the number of field expressions from a predefined list. You cannot configure this list. By default, you see 20 records on each page.
By default, you can sort 10, 20, 30, 50, and 100 field expressions per page using the Rows per page drop-down. This feature works in association with the search and filter functions to display search records per page. You can use the < and > buttons to move to the next or the previous pages. You can also jump to a certain page using the page search component.