When you launch the Product Attribute Rules tab on the UI, all the existing PARs are listed on this tab along with their details. There are various functionalities available for you to manage the PARs.
Product Attribute Rules Search
You can narrow down the PARs list using the search feature. You can either use the basic (keyword) search option or define the search criteria to search for a range of PARs.
In basic search, you can search for a PAR using keywords. For example, you can search using the name of the PAR.
- In the Search this list field, enter a keyword related to your PAR name.
- Click the search icon or press Enter. CPQ returns all PARs that contain that keyword in the PAR names.
In advanced search, you can search for a PAR using a search query. The search query uses options provided in the Field, Operator, and Value and displays a search result that matches the criteria.
- Click the Advanced Search icon . The Advanced Search pop-up is displayed.
- Field: All PAR fields are available in the drop-down list such as Text, Checkbox, Date, Date/Time, Number, Percent, Picklist, Multi-Select Picklist, Currency.
- Operator: Operators that are available for selection helps create the filter expression. Operators are displayed based on the field types. For example, a picklist value will display equal to and not equal operators and a text field will display equal to, not equal to, starts with, contain, does not contain operators. If it is a multi-value picklist, the application displays include and does not include operators.
- Value: Enter a value.
- Click Add Criteria if you want add more criteria in the advanced search.
- Turn the Logic button on if you have more than one criteria and enter a value in the Logic field.
- Click Apply to enable the search filter.
Sorting Product Attribute Rules
You can sort the PARs lists by clicking the column names. The PARs are sorted in descending order using the last modified date. Every time you click the column name, the sorting switches between ascending and descending order. You can adjust the column width by dragging the columns. Hover near the column boundaries till two-way arrow appears. Click when the arrow appears and drag left or right to adjust the column width.
Actions available on this tab
- Click Create New > Product Attribute Rule to create a new PAR.
- Click the ellipsis icon next to the PAR name to delete an existing attribute.
- Click the PAR name link to open the PAR details page.
- Use the Active switch to activate or deactivate a PAR.
Items per page
At the bottom of the tab, you can see the total count of PARs available. You can control the number of PARs to be displayed on each tab. You can select the number of PARs from a predefined list. You cannot configure this list. By default, you see 20 records on each tab.
By default, you can sort 10, 20, 30, 50, and 100 PARs per tab using the Rows per tab drop-down. This feature works in association with the search and filter functions to display search records per tab. You can use the < and > buttons to move to the next or the previous tabs. You can also jump to a certain tab using the tab search component.