Feature sets are a collection of features that can be associated to a product.
You must first define a feature set and then define features for each set.
Navigating the Feature Sets Page
When you launch the feature sets page on the UI, all the existing feature sets are listed on this page along with their details. There are various functionalities available for you to manage the field sets.
Feature Sets Search
You can narrow down the feature sets list using the search feature. You can either define search criteria to search for a range of feature sets or use the feature set search option.
In basic search, you can search for a feature set using keywords. For example, you can search using the name of the feature set.
- In the Search this list field, enter a keyword related to your feature set details such as feature set name.
- Click the search icon or press Enter. CPQ returns all feature sets that contain that keyword in the feature set names.
In advanced search, you can search for a feature set using a search query. The search query uses options provided in the Field, Operator, and Value and displays a search result that matches the criteria.
- Click the Advanced Search icon . The Advanced Search pop-up is displayed.
- Enter the following details:
- Field: All feature set fields are available in the drop-down list such as Text, Checkbox, Date, Date/Time, Number, Percent, Picklist, Multi-Select Picklist, Currency.
- Operator: Operators that are available for selection helps create the filter expression. Operators are displayed based on the field types. For example, a picklist value will display equal to and not equal operators and a text field will display equal to, not equal to, starts with, contain, does not contain operators. If it is a multi-value picklist, the application displays include and does not include operators.
- Value: Enter a value.
- Click Add Criteria if you want add more criteria in the advanced search.
- Turn the Logic button on if you have more than one criteria and enter a value in the Logic field.
- Click Apply to enable the search filter. CPQ returns all feature sets that match the criteria.
Sorting feature sets
You can sort the feature sets list by clicking the column names. The feature sets are sorted alphabetically in ascending order using the feature set name. Every time you click the column name, the sorting switches between ascending and descending order. You can adjust the column width by dragging the columns. Hover near the column boundaries till two-way arrow appears. Click when the arrow appears and drag left or right to adjust the column width.
Actions available on this page
- Click Create New to create a new feature set.
- Click the ellipsis icon next to the feature set name to edit an existing feature set.
- Click the feature set name link to open the feature set Details page.
Items per page
At the bottom of the page, you can see the total count of feature sets available. You can control the number of feature sets to be displayed on each page. You can select the number of feature sets from a predefined list. You cannot configure this list. By default, you see 20 records on each page.
By default, you can sort 10, 20, 30, 50, and 100 feature sets per page using the Rows per page drop-down. This feature works in association with the search and filter functions to display search records per page. You can use the < and > buttons to move to the next or the previous pages. You can also jump to a certain page using the page search component.
Navigating the Feature Sets Details page
- Go to ADMIN SETUP > Product Administration > Feature Sets
- Search for the feature set you want to update.
- Click the feature sets name link to open the Feature Sets details page.
Actions available on this page
- On the Details tab, edit the feature set details.
- On the Features tab, add or remove features in the Feature Set.
- To add a new Feature, click the Add New button, and enter the field details.
- To remove an existing feature, click button.
- Click Save.