Option groups are a type of category that is used to group option products together to be associated with bundles. Options group can also be used as categories. Option groups are further categorized into two types Shared Option Group and Standalone Option Group.
Shared Option Groups can be associated with multiple bundles. Whereas, Standalone Option Groups are bundle specific. Though, you can associate standalone options groups with other bundles. However, only the option group structure that you saved for the first time while creating the standalone option groups is associated with another bundle. The changes you make to the option group structure after saving the first time are not reflected whenever you associated the same option group with other bundles.
Navigating the Option Groups Page
When you launch the Options Group page on the UI, all the existing option groups are listed on this page along with their details. There are various functionalities available for you to manage the option groups.
Option Groups Search
You can narrow down the option groups list using the search feature. You can either use the basic (keyword) search option or define the search criteria to search for a range of option groups.
In basic search, you can search for an option group using keywords. For example, you can search using the name of the option group.
- In the Search this list field, enter a keyword related to your option group name.
- Click the search icon or press Enter. CPQ returns all option groups that contain that keyword in the option group names.
In advanced search, you can search for an option group using a search query. The search query uses options provided in the Field, Operator, and Value and displays a search result that matches the criteria.
- Click the Advanced Search icon . The Advanced Search pop-up is displayed.
- Field: All option group fields are available in the drop-down list such as Text, Checkbox, Date, Date/Time, Number, Percent, Picklist, Multi-Select Picklist, Currency.
- Operator: Operators that are available for selection helps create the filter expression. Operators are displayed based on the field types. For example, a picklist value will display equal to and not equal operators and a text field will display equal to, not equal to, starts with, contain, does not contain operators. If it is a multi-value picklist, the application displays include and does not include operators.
- Value: Enter a value.
- Click Add Criteria if you want add more criteria in the advanced search.
- Turn the Logic button on if you have more than one criteria and enter a value in the Logic field.
- Click Apply to enable the search filter.
Sorting Option Groups
You can sort the option groups lists by clicking the column names. The option groups are sorted alphabetically in ascending order using the option group name. Every time you click the column name, the sorting switches between ascending and descending order. You can adjust the column width by dragging the columns. Hover near the column boundaries till two-way arrow appears. Click when the arrow appears and drag left or right to adjust the column width.
Actions available on this page
- Click Create New to create a new option group.
- Click the ellipsis icon next to the option group name to edit or delete an existing option group.
- Click the option group name link to open the Option Group details page.
- Edit the page layout and add or remove the columns.
- Click Edit Page at the top-right.
- Click the grid edit icon . The Permission Groups pop-up is displayed.
- Search for the required column and drag and drop it into the layout.
- To remove a column, click the remove icon next to the column header.
- Click the ellipsis icon at the bottom of the page and click Save. The changes to the layout are saved.
Items per page
At the bottom of the page, you can see the total count of option groups available. You can control the number of option groups to be displayed on each page. You can select the number of option groups from a predefined list. You cannot configure this list. By default, you see 20 records on each page.
By default, you can sort 10, 20, 30, 50, and 100 option groups per page using the Rows per page drop-down. This feature works in association with the search and filter functions to display search records per page. You can use the < and > buttons to move to the next or the previous pages. You can also jump to a certain page using the page search component.
Navigating the Option Group Details page
- Go to ADMIN SETUP > Product Administration > Option Groups.
- Search for the option group you want to update.
- Click the option group name link to open the Option Group details page. For a parent option group, you can see the hierarchy of option groups and sub-option groups.
Actions available on this page
- In the option group details section (left-side pane), collapse or expand the option group hierarchy. You can also see the count of products associated with each option group.
- To delete an option group from the hierarchy:
- The option group hierarchy, click the ellipsis icon for the required option group and click Delete. The Delete option group pop-up is displayed.
- Click Confirm.
- On the Details tab, edit the option group details.
- On the Products tab, associate products with the option group.