You can create a logical grouping of one or more product records using product groups. You can create combinations of products with similar characteristics or qualities for use in a price rule. A product group can consist of products from different product families.
To configure a product group, you must create a product group and add products as members of the group. You can add products as members of a group. You can also add products of different product families as a member of a product group.
Navigating the Product Groups Page
When you launch the Product Groups page on the UI, all the existing product groups are listed on this page along with their details. There are various functionalities available for you to manage the product groups.
Product Groups Search
Use the search feature to narrow down the product groups . You can use the Advanced Search option. The search query uses options provided in the Field, Operator, and value and displays a search result that matches the criteria.
- Click the Advanced Search icon. The Advanced Search pop-up that consists of various fields, operators, and values is displayed.
- Field: All product group fields are available in the drop-down list such as Text, Checkbox, Date, Date/Time, Number, Percent, Picklist, Multi-Select Picklist, Currency.
- Operator: Operators that are available for selection helps create the filter expression. Operators are displayed based on the field types. For example, a picklist value will display equal to and not equal operators and a text field will display equal to, not equal to, starts with, contain, does not contain operators. If it is a multi-value picklist, the application displays include and does not include operators.
- Value: Enter a value.
- Click Apply to enable the search filter.
Sorting Product Groups
You can sort the groups lists by clicking the column names. The product groups are sorted alphabetically. Every time you click the column name, the sorting switches between ascending and descending order. You can adjust the column width by dragging the columns. Hover near the column boundaries till two-way arrow appears. Click when the arrow appears and drag left or right to adjust the column width.
Actions available on this page
- Click Create New to create new product groups.
- Click the More button to edit, clone, or delete an existing product group.
- Click the product group name link to open the product group details page.
Items per page
At the bottom of the page, you can see the total count of product groups available. You can control the number of product groups to be displayed on each page. You can select the number of product groups from a predefined list. You cannot configure this list. By default, you see 20 records on each page.
By default, you can sort 10, 20, 30, 50, and 100 product groups per page using the Rows per page drop-down. This feature works in association with the search and filter functions to display search records per page. You can use the < and > buttons to move to the next or the previous pages. You can also jump to a certain page using the page search component.