This section explains how you can manage assets in the Contract + Proposal flow.
Ensure that the custom setting Auto Create Order is set to True under Setup > Develop > Custom Settings > Comply System Properties.
To manage assets in the contract + proposal flow
- In the Salesforce org, select Apttus Proposal Management.
- On the Proposals tab, click New.
- Enter requisite details, such as Proposal Name, Proposal Start Date, and Proposal End Date.
- Associate an Account, an Opportunity, and a Price List to your record.
- Click Configure Products to navigate to the Catalog and configure the required products with options and attributes.
- After the configuration is finalized, click Finalize to navigate back to the Quote/Proposal detail page.
- Click Accept to accept the finalized line items in your Quote/Proposal.
After you have accepted the Quote/Proposal, Create Agreement with Line Items is active.
- Click Create Agreement with Line Items to copy all Proposal Line Items to the Agreement Line Items. CPQ begins the agreement creation process.
- Enter the mandatory details when prompted and save the agreement. The Agreement Line Items related list lists the agreement line items.
- Click Generate to generate an agreement document.
- After the negotiations are complete with your customer, click Activate to bring the agreement in effect.
Refresh the org to see that the Order and Order Line Items related lists now contain records.
Go to the order record, enter the Ready for Activation Date and click Save. After you activate the order, assets are generated.
The asset line items are associated with the agreement, not with the proposal.
The assets are visible on the account. The Status of all Order Line Items and Asset Line Items is Activated.