Out of the 2 options available to apply promotions in the new release, you can either apply the promo code on the cart page or CPQ applies the promotion once your criteria is met.
PULL promotion: You can manually view the available promo codes and apply one or more promo codes to your line item (product level) and to the entire cart.
PUSH promotion: This type of promotion is applied to your line items (products) or to your entire cart when the entry criteria for the promotion is met for the selected products and the entire cart. The system automatically updates your pricing for respective products or cart, depending on the promotion applied.
To manually apply a promo code on the Shopping Cart
You must have a cart that contains products for which you can apply promo codes. CPQ enables you to apply or remove promotions or coupons on line items individually or on multiple line items together (mass application). If there are line items with $0 price but eligible for promotions, CPQ populates incentive codes for those line items. Promotions and coupon applications must be mutually exclusive.
After coupons are generated from a promotion, the Apply Promotions dialog box does not list the promotion. This forces the user to enter the coupon code to apply coupons instead. Only the coupons that have not reached the usage limits are displayed. When the user enters a coupon, it is stored on the Product Configuration object under the Coupon Code field.
The Apply Promotions and Remove Promotions buttons are visible only when you select line items.
Applying Promotions or Coupons
- Navigate to the cart.
Select the required line items and click Apply Promotions. The Apply Promotions/Coupons window is displayed.
If you select one line item on the cart, CPQ displays the promotions eligible for that line item only.
If you select multiple line items, CPQ displays promotions based on the union of promotions that are eligible for those selected line items. When you select multiple line items and apply promotions, CPQ applies promotions only to the line items that are eligible for promotions.
You can verify the applied promotions by checking the incentive code on the line items. You can see only the eligible promotions' incentive code on those line items.
- Select a single line item to apply one or more promotions or coupons on it.
- Select multiple line items to apply promotions or coupons together (mass application).
- Select all items to apply promotions or coupons at the cart level.
- On the Promotions tab:
- Select the required promotions. You can also search for promotions.
- To remove any existing promotion, deselect the checkbox next to the promotion. This is possible when only one promotion is applied on the line item.
- When you are applying a promotion to multiple lines, if the same promotion is already applied to a line, CPQ skips that line and applies the promotion to the remaining items.
- When you are applying a promotion to multiple lines, if a different promotion is already applied to a line, CPQ applies the new promotion to all items.
- When you are applying a promotion to multiple lines, if you deselect the same or different promotion already applied to a line on the Promotions tab, CPQ does not remove the promotion applied to the line.
- In a Buy X Get Y scenario, if there are multiple line items of a benefit product (Y) with different attributes or configurations in the cart, you can apply the promotions as follows:
- If the administrator has enabled the APTS_EnableMultiBenefitItems setting, CPQ applies the promotion to all line items of the benefit product (Y).
- If the administrator has disabled the APTS_EnableMultiBenefitItems setting, CPQ applies the promotion only to the first line item of the benefit product (Y).
- When you are applying multiple promotions to a line item, refer to the field Combine With Other Promotions. This field indicates whether or not you can combine the promotion with other promotions.
- On the Coupons tab:
- Select the required coupons. You can also search coupons.
- To remove any existing coupon, deselect the checkbox next to the coupon. This is possible when only one coupon is applied on the line item.
- Click Apply.
You can click Apply Promotions on Totals to apply promotions on the total amount on the cart.
Removing Promotions or Coupons
- Navigate to the cart.
- Select the required line items and click Remove Promotions. The Remove Promotions/Coupons window is displayed.
- Select a single line item to remove one or all promotions or coupons applied on it.
- Select multiple line items to remove promotions or coupons together (mass removal). When you select multiple line items, only those promotions or coupons that are common can be removed.
- Select all items to remove promotions or coupons at the cart level. When you all line items, only those promotions or coupons that are applied at the cart level can be removed.
- On the Promotions tab, select the required promotions. You can also search promotions.
- On the Coupons tab, select the required coupons. You can also search promotions.
- Click Remove.
The pricing on the cart is updated automatically to include the benefits of the promotions you apply. The Incentive Adjustment Amount denotes the adjustment amount which is applied using the promo code.
After applying promotions on your cart, you can now proceed to add more products or save and finalize the cart.