Criteria maintenance is a batch job that must be run whenever changes are made to pricing criteria fields or constraint criteria fields.
- Adding or removing criteria in pricing fields.
- Any modification to the price list, price list item, price matrix, price rule, a default rule, or price dimension.
- Adding or removing a constraint rule.
- Adding or removing criteria in constraint rules.
- Any change to the constraint criteria fields.
To run a criteria maintenance job
- On App Menu, click Apttus CPQ Admin and then click the CPQAdmin tab. The new admin console is launched.
- Click the menu icon( ) on the main menu bar at the top.
- Click Criteria Maintenance. The Criteria Maintenance popup is displayed.
- To update all pricing criteria fields, click Update Pricing Fields or to update all constraint criteria fields, click Update Constraint Fields.
This executes an asynchronous batch job that maintains the criteria changes. The administration task is complete and an updated history for all the batch jobs is displayed. The key item to observe is Status. When Completed is displayed it means the job has run successfully, even if the percentage indicator remains at 0%.
Incremental Update for Criteria Maintenance Job
The Criteria Maintenance Jobs are incremental instead of rebuild so that existing records are not impacted.
- When you execute the constraint field maintenance job, CPQ generates new constraint field records as an insert operation.
- When you execute the pricing fields maintenance job, CPQ generates new pricing fields records as an insert operation.
- When you execute the expression maintenance job, CPQ generates new expression records as an insert operation.
- Existing records remain as is.
- CPQ does not have downtime for quotes with existing records.