Product Family is a standard Salesforce.com feature. You can use the Product Family picklist to categorize your products. For example, if your company sells both hardware and software, you can create two Product Families: Hardware and Software.
To begin using Product Families, you must:
- Customize a Product Family picklist
- Edit a Product and select an appropriate Product Family value
Customizing the Product Family picklist
You can customize the Product Family picklist to include the different categories of products you sell.
To customize the Product Family picklist
- Go to Setup > App Setup > Customize > Products > Fields.
- From Product Standard Fields, click Product Family.
- From Product Family Picklist Values, click New. Add one or more picklist values with each value on its own line.
- Click Save.
The Product Family picklist displays the values you entered.
For each product in your price list, edit the product and select the appropriate Product Family value.
Editing a Product to include Product Family
For each product in your price list, you need to edit the product and select the appropriate Product Family value.
You must have an existing product.
To edit a product to include Product Family
- On App Menu, click Apttus CPQ Admin and then click the CPQ Admin tab. The new admin console is launched.
- On the Products menu, click Manage Products.
- Search and click the product to open the product details page.
- On the Details tab, from Product Family, select an appropriate value.
- Click Save.
Based on your selection, your product becomes part of a Product Family.