As an admin, you can use the CPQ Admin console to manage products and its related components such as options, attributes, and categories. The admin console helps you to create a product, associate the product with the categories, price lists, and price list items on a single page. You can define various settings in the Application Management section that are required to use CPQ.
Alternatively, you can also use the classic Salesforce UI to create a product, associate the product with the categories, price lists, and price list items.
You can navigate to Apttus CPQ Admin app, and click CPQ Admin tab to access the admin console. The homepage of the CPQ Admin user interface consists of the Products, Catalog, and Pricing tabs on the primary toolbar and the search and the filter options on the secondary toolbar. You can configure the fields that are displayed on this page. For more information, see Configuring the CPQ Admin Landing Page Fields and Configuring the Product Creation Screen Fields.
A description of each of these user interface elements is provided as follows:
- The Products, Catalog, and Pricing tabs enable you to add and manage products, product associations, and configure pricing. After you have selected any feature from the primary toolbar, you see a secondary toolbar that enables you to configure subsequent flows.
- The Products homepage consists of a list of products configured for the organization. The following tasks are available on the secondary toolbar.
- Search filters enable you to define search criterion to search products. For more information about searching configured products, see Configuring Product Visibility.
- Click New Product. A product creation page is displayed. For more information about creating products, see Creating Products.
- From the menu icon (New Products ) next to the button, click New from Clone to create a new product by cloning an existing product configuration. For more information about cloning a product, see Cloning Products.
- You also search for the product on the homepage. See Navigating the Product Page for more information.
- The Catalog homepage consists of a list of categories.
- Click field headers to sort the list on the Categories homepage to sort the column.
- Enter the name of the product that you want to search in the search window. The category that matches the search is displayed.
- Click New Category to navigate to the category creation page. For more information about creating categories, see Creating Categories.
- The Pricing homepage consists a list of price lists.
- Click field headers to sort the list on the Pricing homepage to sort the column.
- Enter the name of the price list that you want to search in the search window. The price list that matches the search is displayed.
- Click New PriceList to navigate to the price list creation page. For more information about creating price lists, see Creating Price Lists.
- Click Showing <number> Records to select the number of products or category records that you want to display in the homepage. Click arrows < > to move to the next page.
- The More icon (Application Management settings required to use CPQ. ) on the primary toolbar enables you to execute maintenance jobs and configure various