The following features are new to CPQ in this release.
Cart: New Upgraded Cart UI
New Theme for CPQ Pages
The design of the UI elements has been revamped with the Nova design architecture across all the pages (catalog, configuration, and cart). You can implement the new design with a custom setting called Cart Theme, available under Config System Properties. With Spring'17 upgrade, you must set the value to Nova or Classic. If set to Null, you might face errors in the console on loading the catalog page.
Ability to apply mass adjustments for options without applying adjustments on bundle
You can apply the mass update on the option and bundle products separately. A new check box design has been implemented that depicts how you can choose to apply the mass adjustments on bundle, option or both.
Revalidation on the Cart
If you change the product structure (such as deleting an option product), the system prompts you to revalidate the configuration by displaying the changed product on the revalidation pop-up.
Auto Price Ramp Creation for Bundles and Options
This feature enables you to automatically create the same price ramp for the other charge types. Consider a scenario where a product has two charge types. When using price ramp on any one of the charge types, the price ramp should be created for the other charge type too. In the previous releases, the system could create a price ramp for only one charge type with the help of an API. This issue has been addressed in the current release, with the introduction of Enable Auto Ramp Creation in the Miscellaneous tab on a Price List Item page to enable automatic price ramp on the other charge type. If a price ramp is created on one charge type with the help of API, the system automatically creates the same price ramp for the other charge types of the product.
Other Enhancements for Cart Grid
- Support for Deal Guidance: For a product that you configured on the cart page, the system displays a Pricing Guidance pop-up for a customer deal. On the Guidance column when you hover your mouse on a green circle, it pops up a screen with guidance parameters.
- Displaying cart level actions on top-right corner: A system displays the primary cart level actions on the top right corner of the page with Finalize action as a default. The other user actions such as Reprice, Apply Promotion, Analyze Quote, Submit for Approvals and so on are made available based on the user scenarios. The user actions that are grayed out show an info icon next to them, providing a reason for non-availability for selection.
- Cart Grid now supports long product name, column text, or charge name.
- Providing client-side computation facility:
- With custom setting Enable Auto Reprice set to ON, when you change any Quantity on cart line item, system updates the pricing fields such as Extended Price, Net Price for the specific row.
- Calculate totals (by charges and frequency) and grand totals.
- Calculate subtotals for a category.
- Providing bundle roll-up for cost and price: Roll up line gets updated when individual line's price gets changed and any discount is applied on the summary line after any individual lines are updated.
- Support for removal of price list items for the existing quotes: Whenever you have a PLI removed from an active quote, the system notifies you and removes the item automatically.
- Eliminating the additional pricing spinner: When the pricing has been completed on the catalog or config page, the system does not show spinner on angular UI or the cart grid page.
- Recalculating the end date of one-time fee: Based on the start date and the selling term, the end date for one-time price type is re-computed.
Admin UI: Price Ruleset Management, Rule Cloning, and Smart Search Admin Pages for Admin Console
- In the Pricing section, you can now create and configure Price Rulesets and Price Rules under the Price Ruleset in the Admin Console, without navigating to the Salesforce page.
- When cloning a product, you can now clone specific rules (Constraint Rules, Attribute Value Matrix, Product Attribute Rules) for a given product. The rules migrated where the product is used as part of the rules criteria.
- You can now configure the Smart Search related settings, such as weightage and activating Smart Search for the catalog page from the Smart Search Admin pages under the Application Management Settings.
- Improvement in Structure tab: You can now create Attribute Groups and can associate Attribute Group to Products.
- In addition to bundles and standalone products, rules can now be associated with option products by using the Rules tab.
Product Migration App
The Product Migration app, available inside the new Admin Console, enables you to migrate products, along with the associated categories, price list items, attributes, options, and field expressions. By inputting credentials of the source and target environment, admin can migrate large volumes of product and its related data without having the need of manually recreating the data. The app substantially reduces the data migration efforts between environments.
You do not need to use an external package when you have the Product Migration App. The App provides results in an excel sheet by email, which is triggered after the migration is complete.
Constraint Rules: Product Field Set Based Rules for (Client-side Constraint Rule) CSCR Within Bundle
Enabling the product field set based rules for CSCR within bundle context, matching only in options as follows: Bundle to Standalone, Bundle to Option, and Option to Option
- Inclusion rule - all types
- Exclusion rule - all types
You must evaluate whether Client-side mode works for the constraint rules, based on the limitations and known issues identified as follows:
Client-side mode cannot be used if you are using any of the below settings or rules.
- Constraint Rule Header
- Is Bundle Context
- Constraint Rule Condition
- Match in Cart Options
- Match in Locations
- Constraint Rule Action Header
- Repeat Inclusion
- Constraint Rule Action – Condition
- Match in Primary Lines
- Match in Asset
- Ignore Cart
- Validation Rules
Asset-based Ordering: Disable Opportunity Creation on Asset Renewals
With a custom setting named Create Renewal Opportunity, you can control if you want to create the renewal opportunity along with the renewal quote. This is to prevent the system from running into locking issues when an account has many assets and the batch process creates the renewal opportunities for all these assets.