The following features are new to CPQ in this release.
Assets-Based Ordering and Service CPQ Enhancements
Asset-Based Ordering (ABO) and Service CPQ modules contain the following new features introduced in this release.
Ability to Renew Ramp Lines after Change Operation
The Asset Grid retains a renew ramp line upon Change or Renew operation after you enable Renew One Ramp and renew an option.
When you click Change for an asset on the Installed Products page, CPQ shows one renewed option line. However, you must enable Renew One Ramp in the Installed Product settings with Price Ramps for the bundle.
Enhanced Search Functionality on Asset Grid
You can search the install base with a full or partial search on the option name and then you get all bundles with that particular option including nested bundle options. You can apply other filters on the install base in addition to the search based on the option name. If the product catalog does not have bundles with that option, Catalog page presents a message that bundles with that option could not be found in the install base. Option-based search works in accordance with existing features such as Asset Source, Account Hierarchy, and Pagination.
CPQ provides the Search Products feature on the Installed Products Asset Grid page only.
In this global search, you can specify a keyword, option, option name, or partial name to search for assets.
After the global search, you can narrow down your search using the Account Hierarchy and Filter By functions.
Account Hierarchy also works with the combination of Sold to, Bill to, and Ship to options in the Account Source.
The Filter By function provides Basic and Advanced search to further reduce your search.
When you clear the search criteria from a secondary or tertiary level search, the action does not impact the search criteria of higher level search. For example, clearing the search criteria of Filter By fields does not reset the search criteria of Account Hierarchy.
Ability to Sort Product Items for each Page
By default, you can sort the product items for each page for 10, 25, 50, 100, 200 records. In addition, you can set the custom value in the Config User Preferences page.
This feature works in association with Search functionality to display search records for each page.
Lead Time Specification by the Account
Renewal Administrators can create renewal suite with flexible lead time. If you want to generate renewals for a list of accounts with a specific lead time, you can use the construct in the developer console. The constructor can be used to customize the lead time which was earlier applied globally for all the accounts.
For example, Renewal Administrators can create the renewal suite 90 days before the asset expiry for a large company and 30 days before the asset expiry for a small company.
Relate and Relate Component
The flow for relate and relate components are introduced.
- The relate flow is used when you want to sell services on the equipment (Bundle or Standalone). You can see only the related line item for the Bundle or Standalone that is selected, however you do not see the related line items for the component of Bundle.
- The relate component flow is used when you want to sell services for the component of bundle. You can see the related line item for the component selected, and do not see the related line items for the bundle.
User Interface Enhancements on the Installed Products Page
The Installed Products page has the following enhancements.
- Action buttons from heading are moved adjacent to Filters.
- Filters' name is removed and the icon is retained.
- Account Hierarchy is removed from the Installed Product Page. You can refer to the selected accounts by clicking the Account Hierarchy icon on the menu. Upon clicking the icon, a popup is displayed. The number adjacent to the Account Hierarchy icon denotes the number of accounts selected.
- Removed extra spacing below the tab.
The Config module contains the following new features introduced in this release.
Adding Show Tab View at the Product Level
The Show Tab View field is introduced at the product level on the Product Configuration page. The Show Tab View improves the user experience as opposed to the standard view.
Improved Scalability in Constraint Rules
Improved stability to execute the constraint rule maintenance without failure. You can set a maximum of 10000 constraint rules and 100 conditions for a single constraint rule to fulfil your business requirements, which in turn provides you the flexibility to upscale your product configuration.
Support Deletion and Deactivation of Constraint Rules with Existing Quotes
If a constraint rule is deleted or deactivated, and if the rule is used in an existing quote, the changes made by the rules are reverted and the user can finalize and proceed with your quote without being blocked.
Quoting and New Admin Enhancements
Quoting and New Admin modules contain the following new features introduced in this release.
Support Files for Proposal Doc Gen
The Enable File Setting is introduced in the Proposal System Properties, such that the proposal documents are added to both the Notes and Attachments and Files pages with the attachment as File type.
Ability to Hide Secondary Action Buttons upon Hard Revalidate
Upon hard revalidation of the quote by changing the product version, CPQ hides the secondary action buttons on the cart that are part of Display Action Settings.
For example, Add More Products, Installed Products, Add Miscellaneous Items, Reprice, Finalize, and so on.
Quote Name in the Application Browser Tab
CPQ shows a quote or proposal name for an ease of navigation through the browser tabs.
- CPQ shows the Quote/Proposal name when you are on the Catalog page, Installed Products page, Attribute/Options page, Cart page (Angular or Cart Grid UI), Analyze Quote page, and Document generation page.
- CPQ shows the Collaboration ID on the browser tab for a Quote Collaboration Request.
Ability to Add Preventative Measures Against Heap Size Errors When Adding Favorites
On the Catalog page, if you click Add to cart for any of the Favorites, CPQ instantly disables the Add to Cart button for the available favorites and enables them back when you complete pricing operation.
Enhanced Analyze Quote Page for Angular and Cart Grid UI
CPQ shows the following UI improvements on the Analyze Quote page.
The column names or headers are not available for the optional columns. If you configure a column from Config Setting > Display Column Setting > Display Type: Option Cost & Profitability Cost, upon clicking Analyze Quote from the cart shows Optional Columns on the page.
Pricing and Promotions Enhancements
Pricing and Promotions modules contain the following new features introduced in this release.
Coupon codes are stored on the Product Configuration object under the coupon code field.
Assigned to User/Account Filter Criterion
The Assigned to field is introduced on the Coupons page that acts as a filter criteria for user or assigned to account. The coupon assign-to account or user needs to match the account field value that is specified on the quote or the logged-in user respectively.
Suppress Salesforce Exchange Rates
Pricing administrators can now suppress Salesforce exchange rates when using Based on Price List for multi-currencies.
Ability to Apply Promotions at Order Level
You can now apply the promotion to Order Header level discounts. Administrators must configure the Reference Datasource on the Incentive creation page as Summary Group.
Adjustment Line Item Callback on Update of Discounts
An adjustment line item callback class is introduced to manage discounts. Agents can change the discounts anytime and that will not reflect on the cart. Agents cannot change discount manually for each line item so the custom page is provided for them to manage the discounts.
The following functionalities are introduced in Service Catalog and Pricing:
- Two methods for service pricing: Roll-up and Allocate
- Roll-up method prices the service for each related equipment item individually and averages the amounts to obtain the service base price.
- Allocate method relies on the first set of the related equipment items to price the service.
- The Relate and Relate Component functionalities enable the user to sell a combination of service bundles and options with asset bundles and options. The pricing for the relate flow occurs at the related line item level for each of the bundle level related line items. Pricing for the relate component flow occurs at the related line item level for each of the component level related line item.
You can define split criteria that is applied globally or create split criteria for the specific flow.
Note the following for the Service Pricing feature in Summer 2018 release.
- Understand the performance impact as you pool a number of service lines. There is no baseline available with the summer 2018 release.
- A new icon is introduced alongside the service options – functionality associated with this will be available with the upcoming releases.
- Ensure that the option quantities are manually updated or populated with default quantities from the PLI in the cart.
Pricing administrators can now define price programs or promotions that can be grouped with sales rep defined adjustments so that sales rep can have the flexibility to structure discounts for deals.
Contains Operator in Promotion Criteria Field
Contains operator is introduced on the Promotion Criteria page. The operator is available for TextBox and TextArea type fields only.
Price Rules Processing Even if Cost Model and Presto Exists
A setting is introduced in the Miscellaneous section of the price list item configuration to disable cost model.