The Price Breakup provides additional information if the line item has related pricing or a price matrix with a dimension having cumulative range. A small icon () next to the base price is displayed if the line item uses either of the two pricing features. You can click the icon to view the additional information.
You can add custom fields on the Price Breakup object and add the same in Display Column Settings for the Price Breakup table so that when sales representatives open the Price Breakdown pop-up on the Cart, they can see columns for the added custom fields with their corresponding values. If a product line is priced using related pricing, when the sale representative clicks the price breakup icon () next to the base price on the cart, the custom field values are displayed on the Price Breakdown pop-up.
For example, a product record has various fields such as Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3. These are the parameters that help the sales representative identify the product’s family and its line of business. You can display these fields on the Price Breakdown pop-up so that the sales representative can understand which parameters are contributing to the related price calculation.
You must have already created a Price Dimension.
To enable Price Breakup for products
- Go to your Product and click Product Console.
- Click on the PLI record and click Edit.
- Under the Matrices tab, click New.
- Select Matrix Type as Dimension and select your Price Dimension in the Dimension 1 drop-down list.
- In the Dimension 1 Value Type drop-down, select Cumulative Range.
- Click Close to close the Matrices.
- Click Save to save the PLI.