CPQ allows you to create an expression using the Apttus Numeric Expressions Framework while creating a CPQ formula field so that you can use the formula field for configuring prices and adjustments. You can use the CPQ formula field with numeric expressions while creating a price rule, price matrix, related pricing, and default pricing (as a list price).
To use numeric expressions while creating CPQ formula fields, you must add the Picklist value Expression, to the Picklist field Use Type. Go to Setup > Create > Objects > Formula Field (CPQ) > Use Type field.
- On App Menu, click Apttus CPQ Admin and then click the CPQ Admin tab. The new admin console is launched.
- On the Pricing menu, click Manage CPQ Formula Fields.
- Click New Formula Field. The DETAILS tab is displayed.
- Enter the following details and click Save.
- Name: Enter a name for the formula field.
- Business Object: Select a business object on which you want to create the formula field.
- Description: Enter a description for the formula field.
- Usage: Select the type of usage for the formula. Supported values are:
- Reference (default): If you select this option, the Formula field is displayed.
- Expression: If you select this option, the Expression field is displayed.
- Formula: Enter a formula as a text.
- Expression: Click the expression lookup. The Edit Expression dialog box is displayed. Configure a formula using numeric expressions and click Ok. For more information, see Configuring Numeric Expressions.