For the Service CPQ functionality, the Installed Products page is enhanced to include the following two tabs:
Apttus CPQ supports only the Asset Grid UI.
This tab displays the existing assets for an Account. This is similar to the old Installed Products page.
Validating Service Assets based on Criteria
You can select multiple equipment assets on the Installed Products Asset Grid page based on the criteria. Based on the selection criteria of equipment assets, Apttus CPQ displays the validation messages to ensure that the right set of equipment is selected to add a service. For example, you can select assets based on the location criterion and then proceed to add a service.
You need to set the custom settings > Installed Product Settings > Relate Action Criteria Fields. This custom setting shows all the fields of Asset line item and Price Dimensions defined on asset line item. When you select two or more assets and click Relate, Apttus CPQ validates the selected asset line items against the Relate action criteria fields. In case of any discrepancies, a validation error message shows up in the console.
This tab displays the relevant services configured for an asset (equipment) for an Account. All these service products are loaded into the Service Catalog. From the Service Catalog, all the service products are configured as a normal product in Apttus CPQ system. The columns in this tab are configured using Display Column Settings > Display Type = Related Purchases for your flow name.
A new button named Relate is introduced on the Installed Products page. Clicking Relate button associates your asset products with the available services. You can change the label and alignment of Relate button from Display Action Settings > Display Type = Installed Products for your flow name.
The relate flow is used when you want to sell services on the equipment (bundle or Standalone). You are able to see only the related line item for the bundle or Standalone that is selected, however, you do not see the related line items for the component of Bundle.
The Relate Component flow is used when you want to sell services for the component of bundle. You are able to see the related line item for the component selected, and will not see the related line items for the bundle.
Support for Related Line Items at the Option Level
- You can view the related lines associated with the component in the cart from an icon at the option level.
- You can add or delete components using the Add or Remove buttons.
This allows you to select and sell services at the component level and view the details in the cart.
Coverage Status of Assets
Apttus CPQ provides a Boolean field Is Primary Service on Asset Line Item object, which is disabled by default.
You can enable it to view the coverage status of your assets:
- Installed Product (Asset Grid) page shows Service Product columns if Show Coverage for Primary Service is set to true and you have added all the columns to column settings.
- You need to mark the service as a Primary Service in asset line item manually or by any custom setting. Apttus CPQ does not have provision on the UI to mark the service as Primary.
- Only one primary service is associated to an equipment. In case of more than one primary service associated with an equipment, Apttus CPQ shows the coverage status data for the first available service.
- You can see the service along with its start and end dates along side the equipment asset without any clicks.
- Primary Service: Product shows proper name of service product.
- Primary Service: Start Date shows a start date of service product.
- Primary Service: End Date shows an end date of service product.
- Primary Service: Weighted Net Price shows Net price of weightage that is distributed among equipment.
- You can see the dynamically generated coverage status of the asset on the page as follows:
- If the equipment has a service of type warranty and if the end date of the warranty is less than the day of the analysis, the status is Out of warranty.
- If the equipment has a service of type warranty and if the end date of the warranty is greater than or equal to as opposed to the day of analysis, the status is In warranty.
- If the equipment has a service of type contract and if the end date of the contract is less than the day of analysis, the status is Out of contract.
- If the equipment has a service of type contract and if the end date of the contract is greater than or equal to the day of analysis, the status is In contract.
- You can also search your assets by using the coverage status on the Installed Products page.
You need to enable Show Service Coverage custom setting in order to view the coverage status columns on the Installed Products (Asset Grid) page.
Enabled Match in Options support for Related Asset Lines
When you relate a bundle (asset), the eligibility rule is triggered at the option and bundle level and based on the eligible purchases for the option of a service, you can do the following:
- Sell services for a bundle or option
- Select the options for which you want to add a service coverage
When a service catalog launches after relating the assets with options, eligibility rules check "Match in Options" for related lines condition and accordingly disables or enables valid services.
ABO Support for Renewals on Services
During service renewal, you can update equipment items for the service. You can terminate the equipment line items or you can add them to additional services or extend coverage to the quote. While renewing a service, on the cart grid you can see all related equipment in the Related Items pop-up and when you click Add or Remove, on the Installed Products page only services get selected. It has been observed that the relationship between a service and an equipment is established, however, currently you may not be able to add or remove related line items from the equipment.