There are two different methods you can use to create Constraint Rules. You can create new constraint rules from the beginning or clone an existing constraint rule. Follow the steps below to create constraint rules.
To create constraint rules
- On App Menu, click Apttus CPQ Admin and then click the CPQ Admin tab. The new admin console is launched.
- On the Products menu, click Manage Products.
- Search and click any product for which you want to define a constraint rule.
- Click Rules. The page displays different rules tab.
- Click Constraint Rule icon ( ) next to the title, RULES, to launch the constraint rules listed for the product.
- Click New Constraint Rule button.
Fill in the required details.
Enter a name for the constraint rule.
Flags whether the Attribute Value Matrix is active.
Bundle Context Indicated whether the constraint is evaluated within a bundle. Sequence Enter the number in which you want to sequence the constraint rule. Effective Date Select the date from which the constraint rule is in effect. Expiration Date Select the date until which the constraint rule is valid. Short Description Describe the constraint rule.
- Click Save.
The constraint rule is created.
Also, you can clone an existing constraint rule.
To clone a constraint rule
- Open an existing constraint rule.
- Click the menu icon ( ) under the Rule Name column.
- Click Clone Rule.
- Enter a name for the new constraint rule.
- Click Save.
The constraint rule is cloned.
If a constraint rule is deleted or deactivated, then, if it was used in an existing quote, the changes made by the rules are reverted and the user can finalize and proceed with their quote without being blocked. Apttus CPQ does not show any error while you modify the constraint rules and re-configure the products for the existing quotes.