Category hierarchy defines the structure of the product catalog. You can build and maintain a category hierarchy on the Category page. You can add sub-categories (also known as nodes) to a category, add an image, reorder categories, and associate products, thus building a hierarchy. Most implementations will have an existing hierarchy.
You can create multi-level categories. For example:
To build a Hierarchy
- On App Menu, click Apttus CPQ Admin and then click the CPQAdmin tab. The new admin console is launched.
- On the Catalog menu, click Manage Catalog.
- Search and click the category to open the category details page.
- The Category details page is displayed, which allows you to perform the following actions for the selected category.
- Add or Edit a Sub-category
- Remove a category
- Associate Products
- Reorder Categories
- Click Save
A category hierarchy is built. The hierarchy is visible on the left-hand side of the Category Manager page. After building the hierarchy, you must run the Category Maintenance batch job.In
In the following section: