Product managers can correctly sequence the root or top-level catalog categories to ensure that the right product lines are prioritized or that the most common categories are positioned first. The ordering can be different for different Price Lists. Price Lists drive the hierarchy that shows up in the catalog for a given quote.
To reorder or sequence the root categories (top-level categories on the catalog page)
The categories are associated with the category hierarchy and the category hierarchy is associated with a Price List for it to show up in the catalog.
- In Salesforce Classic, go to the Price Lists tab.
- Select a price list in which you want to reorder categories.
- Under the related list for Categories, click Edit for the category that is related to your target root (top-level) category.
- Update the Sequence fields with the desired number. Set the sequence number relative to other categories to drive the order (Object: Price List Category, Field: Sequence).
- Click Save.
You must edit the layout to include the field Sequence on the related list for Category and on the Price List Category Details page.
The order set by the sequence number for a given Price List should be the order in which the categories show up on the catalog page. You do not need to run the maintenance job after updating the sequence.
You also can rearrange the order of your categories or sub-categories within a hierarchy. Reordering of categories can be done from the leaf as well as root nodes. Leaf nodes are the level of categories between the top level category and the lowest node.
To re-order a sub-category
- On App Menu, click Apttus CPQ Admin and then click the CPQAdmin tab. The new admin console is launched.
- On the Catalog menu, click Manage Catalog.
- Search and click the category you desire to be the parent category. The category details page is displayed.
- Click ASSOCIATED CATEGORY. All the associated sub-categories are listed on this page.
- Drag and drop the sub-categories list in the section in the middle in the desired order.
- Click Save.
The system updates the order and displays the hierarchy.