With the help of custom settings, you can show or hide sections and fields of incentives that are not applicable for your business.
Hide or show sections in an Incentive record
For sections displayed in an Incentive record and more configurations, configure the following custom setting:
- Go to Setup > Develop > Custom Settings > Incentive Custom Display Setting.
- Click Manage next to Incentive Custom Display Setting.
- Click Edit next to Promotions record. If there is no existing record, click New.
Enter the requisite details as follows:
Field Description Name The mandatory name of the custom setting record. Enter Promotions here. Navigation Pages
The names of the sections which will appear in an incentive record on the left pane of the page. The sequence and name of the sections are defined here. The Information section is defaulted for every Incentive record.
S: This is for the Scope section.
C: This is for the Criteria section.
B: This is for the Benefit section.
D: This is for the Deduction section.
L: This is for the Limit section.
P: This is for the Coupons section.
For example, if you specify SCBL, only the Scope, Criteria, Benefit, and Limit section will be displayed in the given order.
Show Exclusion Criteria This check box indicates if you want to include Exclusion Criteria along with the default Inclusion Criteria under Criteria section for an incentive record. Application Type The name of the incentive type where this custom setting record will be applied. Enter Promotion.
Configuring the fields displayed in an Incentive record
You can also control which standard and custom fields will be visible under different sections on your Incentive record using the following configuration.
- Go to Setup > Create > Objects > Incentive.
- Go to the Field Sets section and click Edit next to the name of the fieldset for which you want to modify the fields.
For example, if you want to edit the fields displayed in the Information Section, click Edit next to Information Section Fields.
- Search for your field, add or remove it from the fieldset.
- Click Save.