This section explains how you can renew assets in the Contract + Proposal flow.
- The Renewal Business Object Type is set to Proposal.
- Ensure that the custom setting Auto Create Order is set to True under Setup > Develop > Custom Settings > Comply System Properties.
- Assets are already created.
To renew assets in the contract + proposal flow
- In the Salesforce org, select Apttus Proposal Management.
Create a proposal for asset renewal.
- You need to manually create a renewal quote only if you are renewing assets manually.
- If you are renewing assets in Auto Renewal Mode, the renewal quote is already created immediately after you activated the order during new sale. For more information, see Renewing an Asset in Auto Renewal Mode.
- If you are renewing assets in OnDemand Renewal Mode, the renewal quote is created based on the defined Renewal Lead Time after you clicked a custom button on the account. For more information, see Renewing an Asset in OnDemand Renewal Mode.
Click Configure Products.
When you configure products in this renewal quote, CPQ takes you to the Cart page directly where assets with renewed Start Dare, End Date, and Selling Term are available. The Line Status of assets is Renewed and asset pricing calculated according to the renewed Start Dare, End Date, and Selling Term.
On the new renewal quote, the Start Date = Parent Quote's End Date + 1 and End Date = New Start Date + Selling Term.
The Approval Stage of the quote is marked back to Draft allowing you to perform any changes to the renewal configuration. Any change or update to the assets are reflected in the opportunity based renewal quote.
- Add products to the cart if required.
- Click Finalize to navigate back to the quote. After you accept the quote, the Create Agreement with Line Items is active.
Click Create Agreement with Line Items to copy all Proposal Line Items to the Agreement Line Items. CPQ begins the agreement creation process.
Enter the mandatory details when prompted and save the agreement. The Agreement Line Items related list lists the agreement line items..
The new agreement is not related to the agreement that was created during the new sale. CPQ does not support versioning of the original agreement.
- Click Generate to generate an agreement document.
- After the negotiations are complete with your customer, click Activate to bring the agreement in effect.
After you activate the order for renewed asset, the status of the renewed asset changes from New to Renewed on the account.
For more information, see Renewing an Asset.