This section explains how you can terminate assets in the Contract + Proposal flow.
- Ensure that the custom setting Auto Create Order is set to True under Setup > Develop > Custom Settings > Comply System Properties.
- Assets are already created.
To terminate assets in the contract + proposal flow
- In the Salesforce org, select Apttus Proposal Management.
- Create a proposal for asset termination.
- Click Configure Products and navigate to the Installed Products page.
- Select the assets that you want to cancel and click Terminate. The Confirm Termination pop-up is displayed.
Enter the Termination Date and click Confirm.
The termination date can be in the past, the current date, or any date in the future. You can use custom logic to validate the date entered for the cancellation. If the validation fails, an error message is displayed.
The status of the cancelled asset line items shows Pending Cancellation on the Installed Products page.
Go to the Cart and review the following fields and their values.
- Net Price
- Line Status
- Selling Term
- End Date
- Click Finalize to navigate back to the quote. After you accept the quote, the Create Agreement with Line Items is active.
Click Create Agreement with Line Items to copy all Proposal Line Items to the Agreement Line Items. CPQ begins the agreement creation process.
Enter the mandatory details when prompted and save the agreement. The Agreement Line Items related list lists the agreement line items..
The new agreement is not related to the agreement that was created during the new sale. CPQ does not support versioning of the original agreement.
- Click Generate to generate an agreement document.
- After the negotiations are complete with your customer, click Activate to bring the agreement in effect.
After you activate the order for the terminated assets, the status of the terminated asset changes from New to Cancelled on the account.
For more information, see Terminating an Asset.