The shopping cart has been redesigned to provide better usability and accessibility to the sales representative.
Following are the key changes that you can see in the shopping cart:
- Displaying cart level actions on top-right corner: A system displays the primary cart level actions on the top right corner of the page with Finalize action as a default. The other user actions such as Reprice, Apply Promotion, Analyze Quote, Submit for Approvals and so on are made available based on the user scenarios. The user actions that are grayed out show an info icon next to them, providing a reason for non-availability for selection. You can customize the primary and secondary buttons using "Configuring in CPQ on Salesforce Administrator Guide.
- Action buttons, such as Add More Products, Installed Products, Reprice, Finalize, Submit for Approval, and more are available as picklist values.
- Mass actions, such as Delete Product, Copy Product, Save as Favorite, Mass Update, Product Collaboration, at the line item level are available as picklist values. Any change using Mass Update performs the calculation on the client-side for faster execution.
- Easy and type-ahead search functionality on the top of line item table.
- A Quick view of the Grand Total amount on the top-right corner. Also, Show Totals, Total Adjustments are displayed on the page header. The right arrow next to Grand Total shows you the detailed calculations at the line item level.
The Edit and View buttons in the menu under the proposal name enables you to edit and view the Quote details respectively.
- Bundle cart line items with expand/collapse functionality.
- A spinner on the cart header to indicate the progress of any rules/adjustments that are being executed in the background.
- Infinite scrolling for line items avoiding the need for pagination.
- Column headers: Always available on the top while scrolling. Non-numeric fields are center-aligned and numeric fields are right-aligned.
- Editable fields and actions on hover.
- Support for different data types for columns, such as Text, Picklist, Lookup, Date, Hyperlink Formula, Hyperlink Image Formula, Image, Formula, and more.
- Support for Deal Guidance: For a product that you configured on the cart page, the system displays a Pricing Guidance pop-up for a customer deal. On the Guidance column when you hover your mouse on a green circle, it pops up a screen with some guidance parameters.
Ability to apply mass adjustments for options without applying adjustments on bundle: You can apply the mass update on the option and bundle products separately. A new check box design has been implemented that depicts how you can choose to apply the mass adjustments on bundle, option or both.
On the bundle level, when you click for the consequent times and click Mass Update, you see the following behavior:
Click number Check box design Behavior
Solid square box
The mass updates are applied only to the bundle product. Sub-bundle products also behave as bundle products. Second
The mass updates are applied only to the option products. Third
The mass updates are applied to both, the bundle and option products. Fourth Empty check boxes The mass updates are not applied.
- Support for long Product Name, Column text, and charge names
- Providing client-side computation facility:
- On Cart Grid with custom setting Enable Auto Reprice set to ON, when you change any Quantity on cart line item, system updates the pricing fields such as Extended Price, Net Price for the specific row.
- Calculate totals (by charges and frequency) and grand totals
- Calculate subtotals for category
Providing bundle roll-up for cost and price: Roll up line gets updated when the individual line's price gets changed and any discount is applied on the summary line when any individual lines get updated.
- Eliminating the additional pricing spinner: When the pricing has been completed on the catalog or config page, the system does not show spinner on the cart grid page.
Recalculating the end date of one-time fee: Based on the start date and the selling term, the end date for a one-time price type is re-computed when you delete it in the cart.
Showing sub totals and totals sections: The Cart Grid UI shows subtotals and totals section at the bottom of the cart page based on a new setting called
EnableContextualTotals. For more information, see "Configuring Custom Settings" in CPQ on Salesforce Administrator Guide.
Providing an indicator for line item approval: If you make updates to a quote/proposal, the system displays an indicator "Approval Required" for the line item on the cart page.
Reordering of primary lines on the cart: You can drag and drop the primary line items on the cart using the hand icon that helps you sort the products.
Cancelling the order line items: While amending an in-flight order, you can cancel one or more order line items from the cart that are not yet fulfilled (orders with pending and in-fulfillment status).
- Apttus CPQ displays a blue bar when you click or hover over the Adjustment Amount field on the line item or Totals section in the cart page. This feature improves the user experience by highlighting the Adjustment Amount field in order to make it noticeable during an edit mode.
Improved User Experience for Adjustment Amount field:
Three Columns in the left section of the Cart Grid
- The left side of cart grid is limited to three line items fields.
- When you create a new cart view and try to drag the fourth field into the third section, it moves that field to the middle section.
- When you create a new cart view as an admin, you can see the same behavior as a general user creating a cart view.
- Hiding Secondary Action Buttons upon Hard Revalidate: Upon hard revalidation of the quote by changing the product version, Apttus CPQ hides the secondary action buttons on the cart that are part of Display Action Settings. For example, Add More Products, Installed Products, Add Miscellaneous Items, Reprice, Finalize, and so on.
- On the configuration page at the Summary section, the Hide Option Groups link is disabled when no product option is selected.
For example, while you are configuring a quote, you do not want to include option groups that are associated with the product. In that case, you want to finalize the quote and add the product on the cart without any options. Hence, the Product Summary section needs to hide or disable the Hide Option Groups link, which is irrelevant in this scenario.
Suppose you are providing a quote of an internet plan to a customer which has no installation fee and router charges for the festival season. In that case, you can configure this product without the options, namely Installation Fee and Router Charges.
You can resize the first column and change the sequence of the columns (by dragging the line items vertically). This is controlled through "Configuring in CPQ on Salesforce Administrator Guide.
Please keep in mind the following pointers for icons/action buttons when using the new grid view:
- Copy, Remove and Product Collaboration – these icons/action buttons are available when all the selected line items are primary line items. Else the icons are grayed out.
- Mass Update – this is available for both, primary and secondary line items, except you have separate configurations such as Quantity = Read Only.
This functionality can be achieved by a simple configuration of creating a new flow with the Cart page name as Apttus_Config2__Cart#cartgrid. You must then specify the flow name in your Configure Products button to view the new UI for the shopping cart. See " and "Creating Custom Buttons for Different Flows" CPQ on Salesforce Administrator Guide.