You must define promotion limits to determine the number of times you customer can apply a promotion for different types of the transactions.
To define the limit of a promotion,
- On the left work pane, click Limits.
- Click Add to add a new limit and Delete to delete a limit.
Enter values for the fields described in the following table:
To Whom Does the Limit Apply? Enables you specify the object on which the limit is applied. The objects on which limit is applicable on are Account, User, and Contact. Limit Metric
Specifies what will be the parameter on which the limit is applicable.
Benefit Quantity: Specifies that the discount would be applied on a fixed quantity.
Max Limit Value Type Specifies whether a limit would be a constant value or derived from some formula field. Limit Value
Specifies the value of the Limit Metric. For example, if you specify the limit value as 10 and the limit metric as Benefit Quantity, the user can use the same promo code when the Quantity of the product is 10.
If you enable Setup > Build > Develop > Custom Settings > Incentive System Properties > Manage > Enforce Limits, when a quote is finalized, CPQ applies the incentive limit across quotes in the same account. For example, if Limit Value is 5 and there are two quotes with three cart line items each, CPQ applies the incentive limit on three items in the first quote and two items in the second quote.
If you disable Setup > Build > Develop > Custom Settings > Incentive System Properties > Manage > Enforce Limits, only when a quote is accepted, CPQ applies the incentive limit on each quote of an account. For example, if Limit Value is 5 and there are two quotes with five cart line items each, CPQ applies the incentive limit on five items in the first quote and five items in the second quote. CPQ resets the incentive limit for each quote.
The incentive limit is applicable when users finalize the cart. If they abandon the cart where promotion is applied, CPQ resets the incentive limit.
Recurrence Type Specifies whether the limit applied is one time or on a recurring basis. Recurrence Frequency Specifies the frequency at which the applied incentives are limited. Available frequencies are Monthly, Quarterly, Half Yearly, Yearly, Order.
- Click Save to save the changes or click Save & Continue to move to the next tab.
Multiple promotion Limits
- A given promotion can have more than one limits and all these limits needs to be enforced for the promotions. E.g. Promotion limits on a single promotion can be as follows.
Promotion Limit Parameters
- Overall Promotion Limit - Across customers
- Irrespective of duration -Total number of promotions applied across customers.
- By specific duration - Total number of promotions applied across customers during a given period.
- Limit by Customer
- Irrespective of duration -Total number of promotions applied for a given customer.
- By specific duration - Total number of promotions applied for a given customer during a given period.
- Limit by Customer and Product
- Irrespective of duration -Total number of promotions applied for a given customer and product.
- By specific duration - Total number of promotions applied for a given customer and product during a given period.
- Order level Limits: This means that customer can only use certain number of promotions within a given order.
- By promotion
- By required purchase product level
- Order level promotion limits can be dynamically applied and does not need to be tracked separately. However, account level and promotion level needs to be tracked.
For example, all the eligible doctors within a DSO (Days Sales Outstanding) will receive 1 case (Invisalign Teen, Full or Assist) priced at $990, if that case is submitted within 90 days of their re-engagement training. Else, they are not eligible for receiving cases worth $990.
Auto Apply deselected, Combine with Other incentives selected
|You can build a User Interface to display the “Show Available Promotions” list using the Promotions API, which displays non-auto applied promotions.|
The user can then select one or multiple promotions to be applied.
Auto Apply deselected, combine with other incentives deselected
If a user provides multiple promo codes as a comma-separated list, the highest priority promotion is selected and applied from the list of promotions provided in the comma-separated list.
Auto-Apply selected, combine with other incentives deselected
If two or more promotions are applicable, the system picks the promotion with the highest priority and applies it.
Auto-apply selected, combine with other incentives selected
All promo codes fulfilling the criteria will be applied. If one or more promo codes have priority 1 which is applicable in a scenario all the promotions are applied. Suppose for a given scenario there are 4 promo codes which are applicable having priority 1,1,2,2 all four are applied.
Pricing is not stacked, so if all the four qualify and allow others to be applied then all four are applied.
If some of the promotions do not allow others to be applied then those promotions are filtered out.
After defining promotions, ensure that you run Criteria Maintenance > Update Pricing Fields to apply the defined promotions.