This documentation may contain descriptions of software features that are optional and for which you may not have purchased a license. As a result, your specific software solution and/or implementation may differ from those described in this document. Please contact your CSM or AE for information on your specific features and licensing.
This release note contains the following information about Billing Spring '21 Release on Salesforce.
- Packages: Lists packages that are required to upgrade to this release of the product
- System Requirements and Supported Platforms: Lists requirements and recommendations for installing this release
- New Features: Provides high-level descriptions of new features introduced in this release, with links to more detailed information
- Enhancements: Provides high-level descriptions of enhancements to existing features
- Data Model Changes: Lists changes to the data model
- Resolved Issues: Lists customer-reported issues that are resolved in this release or known issues resolved from previous releases
- Known Issues: Lists known issues that are applicable in this release
For more information on new features, enhancements, and document improvements refer to What's New in Billing Documentation.
The following packages and dependent packages are required to upgrade to this release to utilize all the new features of this release. These are the minimum required versions; later versions are also supported. Separate prerequisites for each feature can be found in the respective sections. The packages marked as (New) are new packages in this release.
Latest Certified Version
(Name | Number)
|Conga Billing (New)|
7.1.262 | 7.262
|Conga Base Library (New)||2.0.1250 | 2.150|
|Conga Quote Configuration Integration (New)||13.0.0354 | 13.354|
|Conga Configuration & Pricing (New)||13.0.1882 | 13.1882|
|Conga CPQ API (New)||13.0.0120 | 13.120|
|Conga Quote Asset Integration||6.5.0014 | 6.14|
|Conga Quote Management (New)||11.0.0242 | 11.242|
|Conga Contract Lifecycle Management (New)|
12.0.0605 | 12.605
|Conga CLM Configuration Integration (New)||13.0.0154 | 13.154|
|Conga Quote CLM Integration (New)||10.0.0069 | 10.69|
Before installing or upgrading Conga managed packages, you must review the dependency matrix for each managed package. You can refer to the package dependency matrix at Managed Packages Dependency Matrix.
System Requirements and Supported Platforms
The following table lists the minimum requirements for installing and using Conga Billing.
|System Requirement||Minimum Supported Version|
|Operating System||Standard Salesforce.com requirements. See Salesforce PDF.|
Conga supports the following browsers:
Conga recommends the latest stable version of the browser for the best performance.
Internet Explorer is not supported.
The following features are new to Conga Billing in this release.
Generating Billing Schedules on Order Creation
With this release, Conga Billing provides the capability to initiate billing on order creation. You can now generate billing schedules as soon as your order is created.
For more information, refer to Billing on Order Creation.
Ability to Apply Discount on Entire Contract Term
With this release, Conga Billing introduces Single Transaction Adjustment flag, using which you can apply the discount on the entire contract term instead of the asset term.
For more information, refer to Calculating Billing Amount based on the Contract Term.
The following section describes existing features that are changed (or are no longer supported) in this release.
Sending Invoice Emails for Approved Invoices Only
Conga Billing has now added validation on sending invoice emails. You can now send invoice emails for invoices with Status as Approved.
For more information, refer to Sending an Invoice Email.
Limited Support for Ready for Billing Date Field for Existing Implementations
In this release, Conga Billing provides limited support for existing customers that have already implemented use cases leveraging the Ready for Billing Date. This field is not meant for new implementations.
If you are using Ready for Billing Date, consider the following guard rails:
- If your new order starts from 1/1/2020 and ends on 12/31/2020, and you do not perform inflight order changes, your Ready for Billing Date must be set as 1/1/2020. This is to ensure that your billing amount tallies with the invoiced amount. If you do not set your Ready for Billing Date as 1/1/2020, the billing amount will be calculated incorrectly after you perform Asset-based Operations.
- If your new order starts from 1/1/2020 and ends on 12/31/2020, and you perform inflight order changes on 1/12/20, then ensure that you set your Ready for Billing Date as 1/12/2020. This is to ensure that your billing amount tallies with your invoiced amount.
- If your Asset-based Order starts from 3/15/2020 and you do not perform any inflight changes, your Ready for Billing Date must be as 3/15/2020. This is to ensure that your billing amount tallies with your invoiced amount.
- If your Asset-based Order starts from 3/15/2020 and you perform an inflight order change on 3/20/20, your Ready for Billing Date must be set as 3/20/2020.This is to ensure that your billing amount tallies with your invoiced amount.
If the Ready for Billing Date is different from the Asset Start Date and you have performed multiple Asset-based Operations, the total amount of all the invoiced schedules will not match the Asset TCV.
Conga recommends that you do not use the Ready for Billing Date field for new customer implementations.
Data Model Changes
The following objects and fields are introduced to or changed in the system or data model in this release.
|Billing Day of Week|
The billing day of the week. This field indicates the starting day of week to align your billing schedules.
In Spring 2021, do not use this object, which is added in preparation of future functionality.
The following table lists the issue resolved in this release.
|Case Number||Conga Internal ID||Description|
You could send invoice emails for invoices with Status as Draft or Draft Obsolute. This issue is now resolved.
You can now send invoice emails only for Approved Invoices.
The following table lists the known issue resolved from the previous release.
|Conga Internal ID||Description|
|BIL-3289||Order activation failed when you co-terminated two assets simultaneously.|
There are no known issues in this release.
DOC ID: BILSPR21RNREVA20210610