These Release Notes contain the following information about Conga Composer Winter '20 Release.
For more information on new features, enhancements, and document improvements refer to What's New in Composer Documentation.
Packages: Lists packages that are required to upgrade to this release of the product
- System Requirements and Supported Platforms: Lists requirements and recommendations for installing this release
New Features: Provides high-level descriptions of new features introduced in this release, with links to more detailed information
- Enhancements: Provides high-level descriptions of enhancements to existing features
- Resolved Issues: Lists customer-reported issues that are resolved in this release or known issues resolved from previous releases
- Known Issues: Lists known issues that are applicable in this release
This documentation may contain descriptions of software features that are optional and for which you may not have purchased a license. As a result, your specific software solution and/or implementation may differ from those described in this document. Please contact your CSM or AE for information on your specific features and licensing.
The following packages and dependent packages are required to upgrade to this release to utilize all the new features of this release. These are the minimum required versions; later versions are also supported. Separate prerequisites for each feature can be found in the respective documentation. The packages marked as (New) are new packages in this release.
Latest Certified Version
(Version Name | Version Number)
|8.190 - Evans|
System Requirements and Supported Platforms
The following table lists the minimum requirements for installing and using Conga Composer.
|System Requirement||Minimum Supported Version|
Adobe LiveCycle PDFs are not supported.
|Mobile||Compatible with Salesforce Mobile and all mobile browsers when configured following the documentation.|
To upgrade Conga Composer, see Upgrading to the Latest Version of Composer.
The following features are new to Conga Composer in this release.
New Composer Lightning Component Features
- An in-browser Preview window is now available to display merged template data before completing the merge process.
Amazon SES (Simple Email Service) Integration
- Composer features new integration with Amazon SES in Composer Setup. For more information, see Amazon SES Integration.
New External Data Functionality
- External data queries now support pv functionality (pass value) to allow for users to filter and gather data specific to certain Salesforce records. For more information, see Build Your Conga Query to Retrieve External Data and xid.
New Composer Lightning Component Functionality
- Icons indicating file types (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDF) are displayed for each available Conga Template and Conga Email Template in the Composer Lightning Component.
- Email icons are displayed for each available Conga Email Templates and Email Templates are displayed in the Composer Lightning Component.
- Icons indicating file types (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDF) are displayed for each available Attachment in the Composer Lightning Component.
- The DS0 parameter is now compatible with the Composer Lightning Component to allow administrators to disable specific actions and controls in a Conga Solution.
- The TemplateGroup parameter is now compatible with the Composer Lightning Component to allow administrators to groups of templates available for selection in a Conga Solution.
- The DC parameter is now compatible with the Composer Lightning Component to allow administrators to conditionally disable Conga Solution based on defined criteria.
- Using QVars with the CETId parameter to retrieve a Conga Email Template for a Composer Solution is now supported in the Composer Lightning Component.
- Salesforce merge fields and formulas are now supported as parameter values for Conga Solutions used in the Composer Lightning Component.
- Users can upload and merge local templates in the Composer Lightning Component.
- For more information, see Composer Lightning Component FAQs and Supported Parameters for the Composer Lightning Component.
- Salesforce formula fields used as the parameter value of the AttachmentId parameter now successfully retrieve and merge Attachments in Conga Solutions launched from the Composer Lightning Component. Previously, the Attachments were not merged.
- Conga Solutions with Dynamic Template Selection now select and merge the correct templates when launched from the Composer Lightning Component. Previously, Dynamic Template Selection selected all templates instead of the correct templates determined by the conditional criteria.
- Conga Solutions launched from the Composer Lightning Component in the Salesforce Community will not successfully download a merged document if the solution contains the AC0 parameter.