These Release Notes contain the following information about Conga Orchestrate Winter '20 Release.
Packages: Lists packages that are required to upgrade to this release of the product
- System Requirements and Supported Platforms: Lists requirements and recommendations for installing this release
New Features: Provides high-level descriptions of new features introduced in this release, with links to more detailed information
- Enhancements: Provides high-level descriptions of enhancements to existing features
- Resolved Issues: Lists customer-reported issues that are resolved in this release or known issues resolved from previous releases
- Known Issues: Lists known issues that are applicable in this release
This documentation may contain descriptions of software features that are optional and for which you may not have purchased a license. As a result, your specific software solution and/or implementation may differ from those described in this document. Please contact your CSM or AE for information on your specific features and licensing.
The following packages and dependent packages are required to upgrade to this release to utilize all the new features of this release. These are the minimum required versions; later versions are also supported. Separate prerequisites for each feature can be found in the respective guides. The packages marked as (New) are new packages in this release.
Latest Certified Version
(Version Name | Version Number)
System Requirements and Supported Platforms
The following table lists the minimum requirements for installing and using Conga Composer.
Minimum Supported Version
Not all Salesforce orgs received Conga Orchestrate version 14 in the June 2020 release, as Conga Orchestrate continued testing to ensure a stable package for this major release.
For the Winter 2020 Release, Conga Orchestrate is pushing version 14 to all orgs on from November 2, 2020 - November 6, 2020.
The following features are new to Conga Orchestrate in this release.
- Robotic Process Automation with UiPath
- Customers of both Orchestrate and UiPath may now integrate UiPath bots and queues into an Orchestrate process definition.
- The new Automation Step Type appears automatically when UiPath information is configured.
- Sign up for a free UiPath trial here.
- For more information about UiPath integration and Automation Steps see, Configuring UiPath for Conga Orchestrate and Creating a Step for Process Automation.
- Create Definitions from LucidChart Diagrams
- The Definition list view user interface features a new Create from LucidChart button that provides users the ability to import and automatically translate LucidChart diagrams into a Process Definition.
- After importing the LucidChart data, users can run the Process Definition with Conga Orchestrate.
- For more information, see LucidChart Integration with Conga Orchestrate.
- Support for Queues
- Tasks are now available in Queues.
- Approvals Steps are now assignable in Queues. This provides users the flexibility to pick up the Approvals from a Queue later on.
- For more information, see Assignee Types for Process Steps.
- Document Generation with Composer
- Composer Advanced Features is enabled and available for existing Conga Orchestrate users that upgrade Previously, Composer Advanced Features was not initially enabled and available for customers that upgraded.
- For more information, see Creating a Step that Generates a Document and Using the New Composer Endpoint URL in Generate Document Steps.
- A new Disable Trigger field is added to Conga Orchestrate Setup that allows users to easily disable custom object triggers from the setup menu.
- Error alerting for Orchestrate platform events is now available. This informs the Conga Orchestrate Development team of issues as they occur in the application.
- Clause is now an available Step Type in Conga Orchestrate Definitions. This Step Type allows Conga Orchestrate users to dynamically add Managed Clauses to Process Object records in Salesforce.
- The Clause Step Type supports one or multiple Clause Configuration records.
- For more information, see Creating a Step That Adds a Managed Clause and Automatically Create a Document after Adding Managed Clauses with Conga Orchestrate.
- When exporting a Conga Orchestrate Definition from a Salesforce org, the exported file is subsequently given the same name as the corresponding Definition record. Previously, exported Definition files had a generic name that was not related to the specific Definition.
- Checklists: One of the most utilized features is now enhanced and available on more than just Step records.
- The Checklist component is now available on Process objects. Previously checklists were only available on task or custom object Steps.
- Columns in the Checklist Component are now sortable and a new column is added that displays the Status, Completed By, and Date fields. The new column is viewable in both a table view and non-table view.
- The Create with Status field is now available for use on Checklist Steps. The Create with Status field was previously unavailable on that specific Step Type.
- For example, once a user checks off items in the Checklist Component, Orchestrate automatically sets the status to In Progress instead of Not Started. This saves users time by not having to update the field manually to In Progress.
- For more information, see Managing the Status of a Step with a Checklist.
- Definition Conditions
- Record Type is no longer required for Definition Conditions and is now available as optional Definition Criteria to allow for users to use the same Orchestrate Processes on different object record types, if desired.
- The Deletable checkbox field on Steps now features helpful text that describes the field's functionality.
- A Step is deleted automatically when Deletable is selected, Step Creation Conditions are used, the Reevaluate When option is selected, and the Creation Conditions for the Step no longer match.
- A Back button and Refresh button are now available on the Definition Visualization user interface. This allows users to easily leave the Definition View user interface, return to the started record, and refresh the page.
- If the Task object is set up as an available Step Object, Tasks are automatically created when a Clause Bundle Step completes a Stage. This allows users to easily track the status of the process.
- The Conga Orchestrate Administrative User and Standard User Permission Sets now include necessary Apex Classes to run Conga Orchestrate. This creates an easier and more seamless process when assigning the appropriate permissions to Salesforce users.
- Users no longer incur an error message when inserting or updating certain objects in an org that has the Financial Services Cloud package installed.
- All permission sets are properly setup and configured after upgrading the Conga Orchestrate package from a previous package older than Conga Orchestrate 14.20. Previously, an issue occurred while assigning one of the Orchestrate permission sets.
- There are no known issues in this release.