Following are the new features introduced in this release:
Summer 2019 release of Digital Commerce introduces requesting a quote from the cart capabilities. With this feature, you can perform the following operations:
- Request a quote instead of placing an order directly for better pricing and product configuration and later submit the quote request.
- View the quote you requested to see and track the status of the quote.
- View quotes presented to you.
- Edit the line items in a requested quote to add, modify or delete items.
- View and manage Attachments and Comments.
- Accept a requested quote after it is processed and presented to you for review and proceed to place the order.
- View the order generated for the quote after the quote is accepted and track the status of the order.
- View Summary Charts for Quote.
Guest User Checkout
With this release, more capabilities have been enabled for a guest user. As a guest user, you can:
- Create and configure products to the cart and place an order without registering.
- Receive email notifications for the order placed and can open it and track the order status.
- Create or track contacts for guest users for traceability
- View placed order without registering or logging in.
Digital Commerce Summer 2019 comes with multi-language support from the SDK or Salesforce. This release supports translations for the following:
- Static Text (Page Titles, Header, Footer, Tabs, and Descriptions)
- Object fields
- Data (Product, Categories, and Attribute Groups)
- Integration with Salesforce Translation Workbench
Support for Payments Integration has been added with this release:
- You can use Payment Integration Services and UI to setup payment methods
- You can add and manage payment methods in addition to adding cards and saving already used cards for making payments
- Use unmanaged package for Cybersource Payment Integration
- You can choose to configure and use other payment gateways
Support for Tax Integration has been added with this release:
- You can use Tax integration services and UI components to set up tax calculations
- You can enable Tax Calculation for the Storefront in Digital Commerce SDK
- Provides a mechanism to calculate the Estimated Tax during Checkout or Request Quote process
- Calculate the tax and show total tax amount for the order or quote
- View Tax Breakdown at Summary and Line items
- Show tax amount for each line items
- Show Details of the tax for overall calculated tax
- Show details of the tax for the individual line items
- Use unmanaged package for Avalara Tax Integration
- You can also choose to configure and use other tax integration framework
Following are the new enhancements introduced in this release:
The following enhancements have been done to Asset-Based Order feature with this release:
- You can buy more than one standalone product from your previously purchased products.
- You can renew an existing bundle subscription to continue using the product subscription.
- You can terminate one or more of your bundle subscriptions to end the subscriptions.
- View Selected Configuration for Asset.
- Support for multi-charge type.
Attribute-Based Configuration Rules
The following enhancements have been done to Attribute-Based Rules feature with this release:
- Digital Commerce now shows a quick preview for lookup fields for the selected lookup values.
- Attribute Rule Matrix executes the Attribute-based constraint rules for Standalone products and bundles that have attributes so that you can select the right configuration.
- Attribute Value Matrix
- Generic lookup (reference fields) component that can be used as an input field for single select or multi-select lookup fields.
- Lookup Attributes allows you to configure and select attributes of type lookup (reference fields) for standalone and bundle products or options.