If you have attributes or options associated with your products, you can configure them from the Catalog page. You can perform one or more of the following:
- Configure Standalone products with Attributes
- Configure Single Level Bundle
- View Selected Configuration
- Edit Configuration
- View & Select Options
- Minimum and Maximum validation of Options for Option Groups - available at the option group level only
- Minimum and Maximum validation of Product Quantity
- Configure Nested Bundles
- Add Default Configuration from Catalog
- Option Level Attribute Configuration
- Attribute-Based Configuration Rules
- Hide Option Groups and Options - You can completely hide an option group and its options within it from the user interface.
- Select the Is Hidden flag from the Option Group Configuration page to hide option groups.
- Use the exclusion type constraint rules to hide excluded options from the list. You must set up the Action Intent as Hide in the Constraint Rule Action.
- Modify Option Groups and Options Within a Bundle Configuration - In a Bundle configuration, from the Option Group configuration, you can now select Modifiable Type setting with values Fixed and Variable.
- Selecting Variable enables you to change the quantity of the option products while configuring the product.
- Selecting Fixed restricts you from changing the quantity of the option products inside the parent option group.
- Setting the modifiable type setting to Fixed or Variable impacts only on immediate options. There is no impact on the sub option groups. This setting has to be done on each level. This also overrides minimum and maximum validation. In case you select an option group with Modifiable Type as Fixed, the quantity input box of the immediate option(s) is disabled. The quantity displayed is the default value and in case you do not set the default value, the quantity is 1.
Set the Required Checkbox for Options - When you select the Required flag for an option product in CPQ, it is considered in Partner Commerce. When you select the Required checkbox, it is selected by default in the configuration.
If there is a minimum quantity of 0 specified on the required option, the minimum quantity is ignored. then we ignore the min qty. The default quantity is 1 and you cannot change the quantity to 0.
To set up the action intent as hide in the constraint rule action
- Go to Setup > Create > Objects > Constraint Rule Action and Action Intent.
- From the Values related list, click New.
- Enter Hide as a picklist value and click Save.
- On the Action Intent details page, from the Picklist Options related list > Controlling Field > click [Change] next to Action Type.
From the Exclusion column, double-click Hide and click Save.
Do not select Hide for any other action types.
Supported Capabilities in Digital Commerce
Digital Commerce supports the following capabilities:
Product Attribute Rules
You can configure product attribute rules for attributes with the following action types and have them displayed on the product details page.
The scope must be Product and Product Family. Criteria is not supported at present.
- Allow - To restrict the visibility of values on the target field.
- Default - To add a default value on the target attribute.
- Hidden - To hide the target attribute.
- Disabled - To make the target attribute as a read-only field.
- Required - To make the target attribute as a required field.
- Reset - To auto-populate a default value on the target attribute if the field is left blank.
Attribute Value Matrix
You can configure the attribute value matrix with the following application types and have them displayed on the product details page.
The scope must be Product and Product Family. Expressions are not supported at present.
Default - Enables you to select the picklist values, which you have configured as default values in Matrix View. The rest of the values are visible in the drop-down list, but you cannot select any of them on the Cart.
Constraint - Enables you to select only those picklist values, which you have configured in Matrix View. All the other values are disabled in the drop-down list on the cart. This also works with the multi-select picklist.
Force Set - Enables you to automatically set the picklist values, which you have configured in Matrix View (considering the last user selection). As soon as you change the attribute value for one attribute, the system sets values for other attributes.
The minimum and maximum options configuration works at all levels of option groups. In Digital Commerce, only three levels are supported. Also, the minimum and maximum product quantity and total quantity validation work for all levels of option groups.
Constraint Rules are supported for standalone, bundle, and option products for basic inclusion, exclusion, and recommendation type rules.
When you click Add to Cart, Digital Commerce triggers the constraint rule on the Catalog page and product details page where a pop-up is displayed and applies the rule to a product. Moreover, when you hover the mouse on the Add to Cart button, Digital Commerce displays the rule dialog with inclusion and exclusion products. When the inclusion and exclusion rule is triggered, an error message is displayed on the Cart page. Clicking the warning icon against the error message displays the error message in a panel. The scope must be Product, Product Family, and Product Group in constraint rules conditions and constraint rules actions both.
All rules are applied only when you have selected the Match in Primary checkbox.
Inclusion and Exclusion Rules
The following are the supported types of Action Intent:
- Auto Include
- Disable Selection
- Show Message
- Prompt (as per design, displays an error message) acts similarly as Show Message in case of Catalog products.
The inclusion and exclusion rule matches when the scope is Product Family or Product Group. The minimum and maximum match rule for Inclusion must have Include All, Include Any, and Include Min/Max as the rule values. For exclusion type rules, the rule values must be Exclude All, Exclude After One, and Exclude After Max. Error and Warning both are supported. There is no message for successful inclusion of the product; the product is automatically included. In case of Disable Selection action intent, the Add to Cart button is disabled with a pop-up message.
Product Options level
The constraint rule is triggered on the product details page where a pop-up dialog is displayed upon selecting an option product. On the Cart page and product details page, an error message or warning is displayed when the product is added to the cart directly. The scope must be Product, Product Family, and Product Group in constraint rules conditions and constraint rules actions. Product Option Group is not supported at present.
All rules are applied only when you have selected the Match in Options checkbox and a combination of the Match in Primary and Match in Options checkboxes.
The constraint rule matches when the scope is Product Family or Product Group. The minimum and maximum match rule for Inclusion must have Include all and Include Any. For exclusion type rules, the rule values must be Exclude all and Exclude any. Error and Warning both are supported. There is no message for successful inclusion of the product. Multiple actions are not supported at present.
Sub-bundles created up to level 3 are performance compliant.
Recommendation type rules are displayed on the product details page and cart page. Action Intent is not supported. Multiple AND conditions are supported only within condition association.